Author Topic: *Under new management* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call  (Read 82319 times)

Offline Petoche

Re: *UPDATED January 16th* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call
Hello my name is Charles and I live near Quebec city. I'm a great freespace fan I played it all along my kidness.

I've recently come under the fact that there was an upgraded for FS2 and I played your BLUE PLANET : AOA campaign. The story is amazing , and ... alpha 1 talk yeah! No seriously , it was very good.

I see that the voices aren't all done and ... according to me a campaign is not a "real completed" campaign if there is not voice acting.

I'm here now to ask if i can help doing some voice despite my little french accent ? Is there some work left to do ?

Thanks.

Offline Gunteen6

• Don't let life get you down! Get up! Go!
    • S31-IKS Parent Boards
I shot off an audition for Solaris Control. I tried Kassim, but I can't feel confident fitting his character. I'm not as much of a womanizer as he seems to be... I might try some of the other spaceship control slots, they talk in a manner I am used to.
Gunteen6 is now S31-Syntax! If I could change the name, I would!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hello my name is Charles and I live near Quebec city. I'm a great freespace fan I played it all along my kidness.

I've recently come under the fact that there was an upgraded for FS2 and I played your BLUE PLANET : AOA campaign. The story is amazing , and ... alpha 1 talk yeah! No seriously , it was very good.

I see that the voices aren't all done and ... according to me a campaign is not a "real completed" campaign if there is not voice acting.

I'm here now to ask if i can help doing some voice despite my little french accent ? Is there some work left to do ?

Thanks.

We would love to have you on board! Feel free to pick a few roles from the list in the first post, preferably (but not absolutely) those not yet cast.

Offline Petoche

Great , glad to help ^^

Is there a specific recording proggram recommended ?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Audacity works.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I'm being as bold and arrogant as i can but it doesn't seem to be recording...

* StarSlayer is pulled of stage by a Vaudeville Hook
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline guitarfan01

• Longtime Lurker
Just came across this.  I was getting excited about sending in an audition for Byrne, but then I saw that the deadline was past.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Don't worry about the deadline. Unfortunately Byrne is filled - but please audition anyway, we need every talented voice we can get.

Offline guitarfan01

• Longtime Lurker
Sure, thanks.

Submitted attempts at the Medea and the Insuperable. Anything I can do to help out, I will.

Offline MDS

Hi guys

I just played through BP (twice!) and WiH blew me away :D it's definitely a big improvement on FS2's native campaign IMO.

The only thing preventing me from recommending it to all my friends is the lack of accessibility, so I was really pleased to see you're voice acting it.

I just submitted two minor auditions, I'd've done some bigger parts too but my housemates came home ^^'

Hope you can find a use for my voice... unfortunately I sound quite young (despite being 26 :\ ) but I do an OK impression of an Imperial Star Destroyer captain, what with having a natural posh British accent...

Anyway keep it up,

Mike

Offline -Norbert-

I don't think sounding young is a problem. Most of the UEF pilots are new recruits, for whom young voices fit well. And I guess for fanatics like the Gefs, age doesn't matter either.
Even what you hear from bigger ships is mostly the comm officer and not any of the command crew, so even there a young voice can fit in well.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Audacity works.

I want to add a note of caution here: I've tried recording in both Audacity and the default Windows Sound Recorder (if you run Windows). I have found that, although it's inconvenient to use the Windows software, it produces a truer recording than Audacity - the reason for this is unknown to me. If your version of Windows is such that the output sound file is .wma, you can find free audio conversion software such as Switch Sound Converter, or you can upgrade Audacity to the latest beta (I'd recommend this, it's much more capable than the latest official release of the program in my opinion) and install the codec packs which enable the importation and exportation of file types like .mp3, .m4a, .wma, etc. In this fashion, you can reduce the number of programs you need installed and import the recording directly into Audacity.

That said, Audacity is great and free - just make sure you get it from Source Forge if you don't have it yet. Third party installers have the potential to install a lot of bloatware/trashware (AKA stuff you don't want) onto your computer if you're not careful.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
While that may be, bear in mind that last time we did a contrast the recordings you preferred were the ones I'd have called lower quality.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Those were in respect to a microphone, not the recording software. I have recorded sounds with both mics in both programs. Whatever code Audacity is using to record input seemingly produces flatter, less vibrant sounds of lower quality than the default software (again, if you're on a Windows machine and have access to Sound Recorder). Of course, I could be mistaken, but in comparative tests I've done, this is the case. For that matter, if anyone is still aiming to get recordings out, doing this experiment can't hurt - testing the recording functions of both Audacity and the Windows software, that is.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I want to single out for special attention and honor Mongoose, Kolgena, Renegade Paladin, and bigchunk1, who submitted a line for almost every role, including the women. You are our transvestite champions. Keep it up
Man, I guess this is what I get for forgetting about this thread for a month. :p To be fair, I think a few of us got our auditions in before some of the genders were finalized.

Wonder when more roles will be opened up...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
We've been working in fits and starts to complete the scripts and direction for the remaining (mostly huge) roles. The problem is that I'm busy with mission design for R2 and IssMneur has had a lot of RL stuff going on. Don't stress, though, the AoA voice acting effort went through much longer lulls than this and still got done, and the community has really helped demolish the minor roles here.

WOW. Hey guys, its been a while..haven't read this since September LOL. So I saw that most of the parts have been cast..thats good. Hope I nabbed the one part I sent in! :D Anyways hope everything is going well..I haven't touched FS2 since September as well (sorry BHD is my first love) Also my main PC with FS on it just died because of either bad RAM or the mobo..soooo...Maybe we can have a race to see to see who can finish first..me fixing my comp or you guys finishing the VA! lol. Oh and I also had this thing called college which ate up some of my time. In fact, I should be studying for a test tomorrow. Catch you guys later.
"And God said, 'Let there be football'. It came to be, and He saw that it was awesome."

"I played in a death metal band. People either loved us or hated us. Or they thought we were OK."

Offline Lira

• floating in subspace, singing ♪
    • musician's page (same name on facebook)
SUP GUYS

erm. Most of you might not remember me. I do perky-pilot-who-gets-shot-down voices and I did a tiny supporting role in AoA. I regularly fall off the face of the HLPlanet, but one of my friends started co-spazzing about FS2 cutscenes with me and I remembered...

I will sit around & await female roles needing someone who sounds no older than 30 yrs old. :P
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:40:25 am by Lira »
Info? Just ask.