Author Topic: *Under new management* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call  (Read 82401 times)

Offline -Norbert-

Re: *UPDATED May 17th* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call
-Other than a flat-out "these lines are no good", will I receive feedback on the quality of my work?
-Any suggestions in general?
When I sent my lines in I got feedback. Things like being too fast on some lines, that particular file is cut off and such.
As for suggestions: There is the Tips for aspiring voice actors thread that might be helpfull to you.

Wanted to send some lines a while back, but I just can't stand listening to myself for a long time. Maybe I'll try and find the patience to improve my voice-acting talents sometimes soon.

Okay. So, I just sent in my submissions...
... I might have gotten carried away and sent in more than I originally planned...

That is, six characters instead of two.
I guess it's alright though. I have gotten some positive feedback from someone I know who I showed some of my work to. She gave me some pointers on what to do with my voice.

Offline -Norbert-

You can't sent too many roles in. There are people who did ALL the lines that were in the available scrips. I myself "only" send in 100 lines, not counting re-records, but don't ask me how many roles that is.

You can't sent too many roles in. There are people who did ALL the lines that were in the available scrips. I myself "only" send in 100 lines, not counting re-records, but don't ask me how many roles that is.
I mean, it's more roles than I originally intended to send.
It's not too many for them. It's more than "usual" for me.

If I was someone else, I wouldn't have expected me to voice that many lines, if you know what I mean.

Offline Luis Dias

Yes, we are all grateful Jericho (not sarcasm!) and I hope to hear from you soon :lol: (as soon as possible!)

I sent in an audition for Ken.  Don't know if that's the style you wanted, but any pointers would be helpful.  Unfortunately, the mic on my headset is all I had to work with.

Offline xclavex

Am I the only one that actually likes the mod without voice overs?  :blah:

Offline -Norbert-

I don't think you are the only one, but you are certainly part of a very small minority.
Now if you compared no voices to MS Sam(antha) that would be something else, but considering the quality of the BP1 VA, definately a tiny minority.

Offline xclavex

That's fine, to each their own. I found some of the voice acting in BP 1 to be pretty decent, except for the Brei guy, which was somewhat unfortunate because he had the most speaking parts. The accent was obviously forced and it just...irked me. I didn't really care for the briefing narrators either. Was just a personal opinion (I eventually ended up turning the voices off completely). The other wingmen though, the girl and the Australian guy were fantastic I thought, and wished they had more speaking parts. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 07:28:01 pm by xclavex »

Offline Parias

I find it pretty distracting having to pause / look away from the action constantly to keep up with the dialogue and plot points throughout each mission - I'd much rather have voice acting than none at all for that reason alone.

Offline MDS

Just want to cheer you guys on - this mod deserves to be voice acted, it's so awesome yet inaccessible in its current form.

How's it going?  Keep it up! :D

I submitted auditions a few months ago but didn't get any response except a receipt :( I might resubmit... or will definitely look to audition some more if more suitable roles appear ( sadly I am "youngish male," presumably your most oversubscribed demographic! )

Good luck!!

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Just want to cheer you guys on - this mod deserves to be voice acted, it's so awesome yet inaccessible in its current form.

How's it going?  Keep it up! :D

I submitted auditions a few months ago but didn't get any response except a receipt :( I might resubmit... or will definitely look to audition some more if more suitable roles appear ( sadly I am "youngish male," presumably your most oversubscribed demographic! )

Good luck!!
Sorry, unfortunately RL has been interfering with my progress on this.  If you got a receipt then I have them and just haven't got to them.  I will send another email saying that I have processed the auditions (either accepted as an audition or rejected as inadequate in some way (wrong words, noise, etc.)).
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline MDS

Aw well let us know if we can help :)

I find it pretty distracting having to pause / look away from the action constantly to keep up with the dialogue and plot points throughout each mission - I'd much rather have voice acting than none at all for that reason alone.
That right there. Yes.
It's much more immersive to be able to hear the other pilots speaking to you.

I only hope that Noemi Laporte's voice lives up to my imagination.

I think I need scripts resent to my email.
I have recently been gifted with an extraordinary studio quality microphone, and I can pull multiple voice accents, tones, and inflections.
Leuthesius     
at
gmail           *derpfiller*
dot
com

I'm kinda glad that no update has appeared...
... since I haven't received an email yet~

Iss, let me know if you had finished giving the script directions.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Finally got off my lazy arse and submitted my audition for Solaris Control. I'd really like to voice Sorensen, but ah well.

I'll submit some more later.

Eventually.

For some reason, I can't find the receipt email I got anymore... that's strange.