Author Topic: SEXP request: ship-change-callsign  (Read 2385 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
SEXP request: ship-change-callsign
I need a new SEXP!
It's for "The Lost Generation" and there I have a mission in which I need a fighter to change its callsign for a very good reason (which I'm not telling)...

So first: Can it be done? (= is it possible at all? Like it was done with the alt-name?)

ps. I'm currently using change-alt-ship-name as a workaround... but that does not quite the same effect

EDIT: I don't need this too fast... there are still almost 20 missions ahead of me and it might take me another year to get the campaign finished at mininum
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 01:04:45 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: SEXP request: ship-change-callsign
This one looks pretty easy.  Seeing if I can whip in up in a few minutes. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Such SEXP would be very nice. Campaign could theoretically give callsigns to all pilots, and take those who die into account so that they can be replaced, as it happened in StarLancer.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Whipped this up real quick.  One known issue is if you set the callsign to <any string> you actually get <any string>.  Anyway might as well get some testing in:

SSE2 inferno builds
Patch file
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The patch file goes to root FS2 folder, right?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If you are a coder, you will know where to put the .patch file. If you aren't, you should delete it.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Oh, right. It's for the code.

:warp:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Whipped this up real quick.  One known issue is if you set the callsign to <any string> you actually get <any string>.  Anyway might as well get some testing in:

SSE2 inferno builds
Patch file

Thx FUBAR,
I'll test this tomorrow when I finish the mission in question
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:

SSE2 inferno builds
Patch file

What is <any string> supposed to do instead, as you don't appear to be doing anything for it?
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Nothing, I suppose. It's just the default value. I suppose we could filter it out somehow, but I'd rather leave it as-is.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Yea it's just the default shown in FRED for a sexp that takes a generic string to let you know that it's a string field.

The one thing that I will probably do is add a way to remove the callsign either by leaving it as blank, <any string> or a third true/false field.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well the ability to remove the callsign was already there by just entering an empty string.  Updated the patch but didn't bother with new exes since all I changed was the description.  So if you want to remove the callsign from a ship just delete <any string>.  Make sure it's not a " " but "" a space will show as ( ) in the callsign.  If anyone thinks that should be illegal let me know.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Added (with some tweaks) in 6397.