Author Topic: The WoD questions and discussion thread  (Read 51216 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: The WoD questions and discussion thread
A combination of those two  :lol: :lol:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
So this?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Hey, back off. They're Orky!

Freebootaz
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline -Norbert-

Considering that they reached the age of industrialization on their own, before they joined the Hertak, I take it they have some kind of gun for their infantry. With the way their ships are designed they probably use ridicluously large ones and lots bodyarmor.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Something like Orks, crude machine guns, basic powered armor and a backup meele weapon.
May have shoulder mounted RPGs and WWII-style antitank rifles.
I think that their weaponary would be something like "Orks meet a mix of WWII and WWI".

So which is the coolest race of all for ya?

Cyrva.

Benevolent Zentradi. I shouldn't really need to say anything more.

Ok, this is confusing me. I don't see the parallel between the Cyrva and the Zentraedi. How are they at all similar? :confused:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Ok, this is confusing me. I don't see the parallel between the Cyrva and the Zentraedi. How are they at all similar? :confused:

Fleet size, character design (though the benevolence apparently shrunk them), a certain supercillous contempt for all things human until it's abruptly beaten out of them, and a loose organizational structure.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Nordera have a big obsession with guns and cannons
Every building on a Nordera colony has at least one or two guns strapped to it.

Several Nordera cities have been reduced to smoking craters because of simple kitchen fires. It's like one big gunpowder keg.
When Nordera warlords fought each other (before the Hertak appeared) in settlements, it was usually done with melee weapons.

Fleet size, character design (though the benevolence apparently shrunk them), a certain supercillous contempt for all things human until it's abruptly beaten out of them, and a loose organizational structure.
But Cyrvan's aren't green skinned :p
(Or have millions of ships in a poorly maintained state, with women and men in seperate fleets etc)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 11:20:26 am by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Kolgena

Maybe my rig just isn't powerful enough, but when I blow up the armored/no shields fighters in my face, my computer can drop to single digit FPS or even freeze for a good 30 seconds or so before the game continues. The problem gets worse the closer the fireball is to the camera, and is alleviated when things explode further away.

Exploding things in normal MVPs doesn't cause this issue.

Offline -Norbert-

Nordera have a big obsession with guns and cannons
Every building on a Nordera colony has at least one or two guns strapped to it.

Several Nordera cities have been reduced to smoking craters because of simple kitchen fires. It's like one big gunpowder keg.
When Nordera warlords fought each other (before the Hertak appeared) in settlements, it was usually done with melee weapons.
Wait....
They are obsessed with guns to the point were they stick them onto every one of their buildings and yet they battle each other with melee weapons? That doesn't make sense.... :wtf:
I mean if I would try to invade a city that has guns on every building I'd like to be able to shoot at those guns, not whack them with a sword or club.

Or did you mean duels between the Warlords themselfs, and not open battles between their troops?

Or the Nordera aren't quite as stupid as they seem, and settled disputes between warlords with weapons that wouldn't turn the city into a giant fireball by igniting the gunpowder?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Maybe my rig just isn't powerful enough, but when I blow up the armored/no shields fighters in my face, my computer can drop to single digit FPS or even freeze for a good 30 seconds or so before the game continues. The problem gets worse the closer the fireball is to the camera, and is alleviated when things explode further away.

Exploding things in normal MVPs doesn't cause this issue.
This might be caused by the shockwaves. Are you using 3d shockwaves? If so, try turning that off in the launcher and try if that makes any difference.

Or the Nordera aren't quite as stupid as they seem, and settled disputes between warlords with weapons that wouldn't turn the city into a giant fireball by igniting the gunpowder?
Yeah, this.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
So.... are there plans to make a sequel? or maybe you are just gonna rerererere-release an improved version?
el hombre vicio...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
So.... are there plans to make a sequel? or maybe you are just gonna rerererere-release an improved version?
There are... plans o:
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Beats 'no', at least.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I was going to ask if what I observed on the Nordera Pillager/Bombardier was the top of an internal combustion engine, but then I re-read the command briefing in M06 which confirmed that it was.

I think it's quite cool, actually. :)

Offline -Norbert-

Come to think of it, would the FS2open engine support smoke coming out of those exhaust pipes? That would be pretty cool.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Come to think of it, would the FS2open engine support smoke coming out of those exhaust pipes? That would be pretty cool.
As far as I know, no. Particles can be spawned from thrusters and weapons. But if you define particles from thrusters, Every thruster starts spewing them (which would cause massive slowdowns considering the large amount of thrusters Nordera ships have)
But I agree that it would look sweet  :)
Urutorahappī!!

Is there going to be voice acting in future iterations and remakes of the DoW series?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Not unless Spoon magically gets a few seiyuus. And I don't think he's a wizard.

The Dawn of War series is already voiced, isn't it?