Author Topic: Gothic 4 (demo is out)  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Gothic 4 (demo is out)
Demo can be found here: http://findfiles.com/list.php?db=Both&string=gothic4_

Upon brief inspection, it feels... it's hard to explain, but it just feels kind of "light" compared to Oblivion. Of course I'm gonna give it a chance and go through the demo. Basically it's a third-person RPG pushed by the Jowood people(Austrian publisher, known for pushing out not-so-good games). People seem to like Gothic 1 and 2 specifically, and they have what seems like quite a dedicated community. I love games like that because with a dedicated community, the mods shall flow.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 02:43:36 pm by Nemesis6 »

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Interesting, I enjoyed Gothic 3, so I might well take a look at this :)

Offline Topgun

Looks cool, downloading now.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Is this the same Gothic whose previous installment was buggy as hell?
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
This was not made by Piranha Bytes. If you wan the "real" successor to the Gothic franchise, get "Risen".

Gothic 3 was so bug-ridden, because the team bit off more than they could chew - the world was "too big" to be so polished and populated with interesting things as we've come to expect from Gothic 1 or 2...

...and JoWoods rushing the team didn't help either.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It was pretty buggy, but I found it a lot more atmospheric than Oblivion. Don't get me wrong, Oblivion is the better game, but, out of the box, the Gothic 3 world just 'felt' better defined.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
the Gothic 3 world felt alive. None of the Elder Scrolls Games ever did.  Gothic 1 for the win though  :lol:  (actually Baldur's Gate 2 but to comparing a game to that is unfair)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!

Patch Gothic 3 up to 1.7 and you will be excited ;)

"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: Gothic 4 (demo is out)
Yep, use the community patch and Questpaket, and Gothic 3 is still awesome :)  However, Gothic 2 and Addon NotR always gave me the best feeling of a game world.

Risen somehow sucked IMO. Graphic wasn't bad (except the faces of the persons), but fighting system sucked and was very frustrating. I haven't played the demo of Arcania yet, though I think I will simply buy the game, I waited a long time for this :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.