Author Topic: Official new people thread!  (Read 229661 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Official new people thread!
Glad to have you. Just post if you have any technical issues with mod setup.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Or if you want to get back into mission design. We can always use more FREDders.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Lt. Spanks

• Not A Lieutenant
Hello new here.

I have been playing Freespace for a LOOOONNNNNGGGG time and I have played a lot of mods and I have only now (regrettably) joined Hard Light Productions. Some really cool stuff i have seen here.
Teacher: "Anything is possible if you put your mind to it!"

Student: "Teacher... there is an exception to this rule."

Teacher: "And what is that student?"

Student: "Catching the Iceni"

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
:welcomesilver:

Wow, it's nice to see FreeSpace veterans joining the forum after all these years. :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Hi, Played Freespace since the First Game first came out all those years ago, played it again when I was older and able to appreciate it all the more, played freespace 2, then discovered the SCP and now I love it even more, I tend to play it every now and then, when I can find space on my PC to play it on.

Offline Zeether

Hello, I'm a semi-regular user on the HLP IRC and finally decided to register. I'm thinking of dabbling in FRED at some point when I'm not thinking about dabbling in FRED. :P

Hi all,

I've been playing Freespace 2 for a couple of years now and I finally decided to register. Looking forward to many more awesome mods and campaigns from HLP!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
:welcomered:

Good lads.

Any squadwar vets? Lt Spanks.......you sound familiar. :wtf:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Quicksabre

• 2-∞ - User does not compute
Hi - Just joined today, downloading Freespace2 now from gog.com.

Starting hunting around for space sims, used to play the Chris Roberts stuff in the 90's.  Never really played Starlancer or Freelancer, but am hoping Freespace2 brings back the Wing Commander feeling! 

Offline Lorric

Hi - Just joined today, downloading Freespace2 now from gog.com.

Starting hunting around for space sims, used to play the Chris Roberts stuff in the 90's.  Never really played Starlancer or Freelancer, but am hoping Freespace2 brings back the Wing Commander feeling!
Grab Wing Commander Saga!

Just look for the forum right here!

Hi everyone.  :)
I have been playing FS2 since the year 2001, I got it as a present along with a bunch of other discarded games with my first pc, and always thought I was the only fan of the game in the world. Then I got the itch again, started browsing the web for some answers and stumbled upon this site. What a shock that was! Anyway, it's great to see, and upon completing the original campaign yet again, I'm looking forward to exploring all the extra content here.
The community is freakishly big, I don't even know where to start, or what half of stuff means...which is a good thing I guess.  :)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
:welcomeblue:

If you're looking for new campaigns to play, this is a good guide to start with:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=80688.0
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Ha-I was just reading that. I think I like the Blue Planet campaign,sounds great.  I might try those media vp things in original campaign first though. I don't know if this is even the place to ask, but have there been capital ships mods? As in, you control a big ship, fire the beams, deploy fighters and all that.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Ha-I was just reading that. I think I like the Blue Planet campaign,sounds great.  I might try those media vp things in original campaign first though. I don't know if this is even the place to ask, but have there been capital ships mods? As in, you control a big ship, fire the beams, deploy fighters and all that.

Yes. 'The Blade Itself' and 'One Future' in Blue Planet, and a series of BP fan missions by Lepanto.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Hello, new person. We were all new and confused once; one of these days, you might go on to make your own mark on the HLP community!  :cool:
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Welcome to HLP, people! :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Hey all, one more new guy making himself known. I first came across FS2, and HLP around 2007, but only lurked around the forums for a little before life demanded my attention be elsewhere. Now, after seven years I've finally decided to get off my lazy a** and register. I've had some ideas stewing around in my mind since then, but FRED always kinda terrified me. Hopefully, I'll eventually be able to contribute content instead of just playing it, but we'll see how that goes.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Welcome aboard!

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Hey there Raikouga! HLP is filled with tutorials, and people that are able to explain this and that.
And I say, just about almost everything... FRED work, modelling, texturing, all associated...

Welcome to the community!
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Bob Volte

• 2-∞ - User does not compute
Hi !
I've known HLP for quite a long time ! I used to translate some tutorials from English to French for a little FS2 hardcore fans community. I bought Freespace over ten years ago and I'm really impressed by the work down with the SCP. I've decided to re-registrer on HLP, so here I am.