Author Topic: HTL ships from TGOS  (Read 3330 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Would that be possible to get HTL B5 ships from B5: TGOS and adapt them for use in Zatharas?
They're much better than what we have now, not to mention there are a few designs not included in TBP (Nova Starfury, Traga, Lekkar'tan, Minbari defense platforms...).
I think that they may come in handy, HTL Omega from TGOS looks really great.
The only problem may be with subsystems and submodels not matching TBP ones, but I think that this can be resolved (and some ships, like Olympus, shouldn't need anything but minor POF edits).

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
NO!!!!!!!!!

We have nothing to do with that project.  There will be newer models coming down the road. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline wesp5

NO!!!!!!!!!

We have nothing to do with that project.  There will be newer models coming down the road. 

Hm, so there is another B5 project using the FS2 engine out there? Is this another result of internet drama, like with Zathras, or just a coincidence? I had my own share of drama with my Bloodlines patch, but I still hate to see resources wasted by teams that don't work together. Although I don't really understand what TGOS is trying to do. Newtonian physics and everything, fine. But in an Minbari campaign? I think the show made it clear that the Minbari directly manipulate gravity for flying, so if there is one race with no need to know Newton it's them ;)! Also fuel for Minbari fighters? Again I would assume that they run on a mini-fusion-reactor or something...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
B4: TMP seems to be set in an era before their war against humanity (for example, Sharlin is still just a prototype and there are no Nials around).
I don't know how the project was started, but it doesn't have anything to do with TBP (Asprin stated that a few times).
I suggested using their models, because they're simply better than what TBP has to offer and modelling new HTLs would most likely take a lot of time.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Would that be possible to get HTL B5 ships from B5: TGOS and adapt them for use in Zatharas?

I suggested using their models, because they're simply better than what TBP has to offer and modelling new HTLs would most likely take a lot of time.

There is an unwritten contract between both teams that there is no permission of either team to use the assets of the other.... (at least this is what I recall)

---

Newtonian physics and everything, fine. But in an Minbari campaign? I think the show made it clear that the Minbari directly manipulate gravity for flying, so if there is one race with no need to know Newton it's them ;)! Also fuel for Minbari fighters? Again I would assume that they run on a mini-fusion-reactor or something...

They wanted a more realistic flight model for all craft ... and in their timeline the Minbari are as advanced as the Earth Alliance I figured...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 01:47:42 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I didn't knew about that.
It seems that some ships, like Omega would have major problems with adapting them to Zatharas anyway (it's engines, for example, are one subobject and one subsystem, while TBP Omega has 4 separate engines).

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
That kind of stuff is actually pretty trivial to change.  Still not doing it just stating a fact about the ease of changing something like that. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras