Author Topic: What do you play when your not playing Freespace 2?  (Read 7512 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: What do you play when your not playing Freespace 2?
Civ V
Aquanox 1 & 2 (yay Steam, boo not having the music)
Dawn of War 2, working on a second, better run for the release of the next expansion. Stuff carries over probably.
COH skirmish, Eastern Front mod. Still haven't figured out the Russians. The EF team swears they're trying to balance the game but they couldn't balance better than Relic if Relic spotted them two hands and an eye.
Alien Swarm. I will one-man that cargo elevator someday.
Arkham Asylum. I'm the goddamned Batman! The other computer ran it a little slow, which was coolly cinematic, but fights on the new one, with the rapid-fire Batman beats the hell out of twenty guys at once, make more sense to watch.
Recently finished Lost Planet 1. Perfectly good minimecha and infantry combat game ruined by JRPG plot.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i really haven't touched freespace much in the last few months. but as for gaming in general, i seldom play games longer than a couple hours a week. but lately ive been hooked on whatever mechwarrior games i can get my hands on. its actually ended a 2 year binge on classic starcraft.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline ReeNoiP

• I FRED
At the moment, Metal gear solid 3 and Persona 3 FES.
Uncharted Territory is released. But I still need voice actors

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
lately:
STALKER CoP
starcraft2
Halo:reach
CoD 4 and W@W, MW2 was a PoS I'm glad I never spent $ on, look forward to black ops though.
Bad company 2 (because it fun)
Battlefield2 proper
forza 3

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
i've never played any C&C mods.  i did watch one of the uber C&C nerds at my high school play something one of them made for RA2 that involved sniper monkeys that could run across the map in something like half a second.  and all the maps were literally covered in ore, every last inch.
Well, Contra is a good C&C mod. Very aggressive and challenging AI, compared to the original, anyway, and they know how to use their new units.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

i've never played any C&C mods.  i did watch one of the uber C&C nerds at my high school play something one of them made for RA2 that involved sniper monkeys that could run across the map in something like half a second.  and all the maps were literally covered in ore, every last inch.
Well, Contra is a good C&C mod. Very aggressive and challenging AI, compared to the original, anyway, and they know how to use their new units.
Tiberium Essence and Tiberian Apocalypse are a couple good-looking C&C3 mods that re-do the sides to make them more unique by using TibSun stuff as a base and expanding from there.  There's also a Generals re-make mod for C&C3.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

well, mostly F:NV, and empire: total war ( a totally epic game btw )
-regards
 Spyder

Been playing a lot more FS recently thanks to TVWP, but other occurences are:

Supreme Commander (Forged Alliance and 2)
Starcraft 2
The occasional match of Halo Reach
Empire at War
Minecraft (I'm very much addicted to it at this point)
Dawn of War 2
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Tiberium Essence and Tiberian Apocalypse are a couple good-looking C&C3 mods that re-do the sides to make them more unique by using TibSun stuff as a base and expanding from there.  There's also a Generals re-make mod for C&C3.

you know, that made me think i'd like to see a mod that makes tiberium behave like it did in 1 and 2; grow from ANY place it is present and not have a limit on how far it spreads.  did 3 kinda feel like a weird blend of all of the universes to anyone else too?
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
A game called life.

Offline Kolgena

A game called life.

I heard the graphics and physics engine were very impressive and could actually run at fluent framerates for all hardware. NPC AI is supposed to be several times better than that found in FEAR. Gameplay supposedly sucks though, so I didn't try it out. Lots of people complained about too much grinding.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
A game called life.

I heard the graphics and physics engine were very impressive and could actually run at fluent framerates for all hardware. NPC AI is supposed to be several times better than that found in FEAR. Gameplay supposedly sucks though, so I didn't try it out. Lots of people complained about too much grinding.

If you play certain classes or origins you're just totally ****ed, and those get assigned randomly. No way you can get anywhere. And you have to grind for hours to get even mid-tier content. Forget endgame, you basically have to get lucky with your start.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
i am the pwnage, *****es.

* Dilmah G proceeds to airspank monitor and behave like a massive cock.

What better way is there to play Life than as if you were playing any other rendition of Grand Theft Auto?

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic

Minecraft (I'm very much addicted to it at this point)

I am so, so looking forward to this weekend's update!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
What better way is there to play Life than as if you were playing any other rendition of Grand Theft Auto?

I'm not hearing about any massive shootouts lately, you're doing it wrong!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story