Author Topic: Player flyable Karuna  (Read 8308 times)

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Player flyable Karuna
I was messing around in FRED when I came across this gem. No doubt many people are aware of it but I never knew. The first thing I did when I discovered the player Karuna was blow the living sh*t out of some Tev cruisers! Buckets of fun! I have to ask though is there a way to fire the turrets manually? And how come it has afterurners? Is it a playtesting device of sorts?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Player flyable Karuna
I was messing around in FRED when I came across this gem. No doubt many people are aware of it but I never knew. The first thing I did when I discovered the player Karuna was blow the living sh*t out of some Tev cruisers! Buckets of fun! I have to ask though is there a way to fire the turrets manually? And how come it has afterurners? Is it a playtesting device of sorts?

Boot up War in Heaven.

Go to campaign room.

Select 'The Blade Itself'.

Enjoy.

Offline -Norbert-

Wait... I thought the turret controll wasn't yet fixed?

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
It seems to work...just...fine! Sh*t that was good! Thankyou ever so much.

I wonder how it would've played out in a Narayana. No doubt those poor Tev Corvettes would turn into swiss cheese under such artillery.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
I wonder how it would've played out in a Narayana. No doubt those poor Tev Corvettes would turn into swiss cheese under such artillery.

Stop making me drool!
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Of course the logical conclusion of all this is: Player controlled UED Solaris. I want to fly the Eris! With full control of the battle plan, which frigates and wings will be commited, and when...

Better cover the keyboard or else it may short-circuit with all the drool.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Of course the logical conclusion of all this is: Player controlled UED Solaris. I want to fly the Eris! With full control of the battle plan, which frigates and wings will be commited, and when...

Better cover the keyboard or else it may short-circuit with all the drool.

Not quite the same though, I mean in a Solaris you really are just lobbing missiles and while it looks good it doesn't have the same feel to racing towards a Tev Corvette guns blazing.

Offline -Norbert-

Don't underestimate the Gattler turrets.... those things are pretty strong too, allthough they have a very short range. For example if you put up Solaris destroyers against a Sathanas, they'll never use ANY of their weapons unless you exchange them with longer ranged ones.
But let me tell you, three Solaris with all their torpedoes replaced with the Narayana's variant makes quite a spectacle!

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
That still doesn't compare to piloting the extremely fast and maneuverable Karuna.
It's kinda like flying an bomber... times a thousand with turrets and strafing ability.
There really is nothing like broadsiding a Tev corvette for me. Those point defense turrets make short work of everything!

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Don't underestimate the Gattler turrets.... those things are pretty strong too, allthough they have a very short range. For example if you put up Solaris destroyers against a Sathanas, they'll never use ANY of their weapons unless you exchange them with longer ranged ones.
But let me tell you, three Solaris with all their torpedoes replaced with the Narayana's variant makes quite a spectacle!

Free time dictates I do just that...

Jesus, it gutted the Lucifer in just under 3 minutes. I wonder how accurate that Tev quote really is: Ubuntu has no answer for the Shivans.

Offline -Norbert-

Just one word: Sathanas.
The UEF has three Solaris. Assuming 2/3 of the Sathanas fleet escaped from Capella (and judging from the cutscene far more than 2/3 jumped out) that would leave the Shivans with more than 50 of those beasts that we know of, plus at least one Dante, not to mention a lot of Demons and Ravanas.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Jesus, it gutted the Lucifer in just under 3 minutes. I wonder how accurate that Tev quote really is: Ubuntu has no answer for the Shivans.
Just for comparison, how long would a Titan, Raynor or even Serkr team take to do the same job?

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Just for comparison, how long would a Titan, Raynor or even Serkr team take to do the same job?

Might try FREDing such scenarios in a wee while. Bearing in mind though that the Solaris was equipped with Narayana torpedo launchers as Norbert suggested. Which was why it was so awesome!

Hmm, testing that right away.

Ohh and I wonder how much a Luci with shields would resist to 3 Solaris ?
Has it been decided how strong that shield should be ? (50% / 100% / 150% / else of the Hull strength ?)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Lucifer's shields are said to be "impervious, not merely resistant" to Great War-era weaponry.

I know that, but the "bwah I'm invincible !!!" cheat seems kinda unfair to the feds.

Testing Luci vs 1 Titan + 2 Chimera now                   //luci down to [28;34] under 1 minute ½.

Testing an ambush by the serkr team after diner.    //takes between 2:45 and 3:16 minutes, the luci sometimes manages to take one
                                                                                    corvette down, but her beams are disabled pretty quickly

(Not involving fighters/bombers right now)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:48:57 pm by X3N0-Life-Form »

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Does Serkr come with their own AI and upgrades? I think I saw it mentioned somewhere but can't remember. I got the feeling they were genuinely elite, gameplay wise as opposed to just run of the mill corvettes grouped together and simply named 'elite'. I ask because if it were true they'd obviously be able to down the Lucifer much quicker.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Teir weapon loadouts are somewhat customized, in addition to using very high AI classes. Refer to the missions where they appear for details.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Their upgrades are primarily in terms of defenses and strategic agility. Their hulls and subsystems are more heavily armored and shielded, they can jump more rapidly, and their anti-fighter defenses are potent (they have more flak guns and pulse weapons than standard Belle/Chimera spaceframes.) Excellent crews give those selfsame defensive weapons good ROFs and accuracy.

The main guns are identical to those of any other next-gen corvettes and will not vary their fire rate by AI class.

Offline CKid

Noob quuestion:

How does one import BP2 assets into FRED?
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong