Author Topic: FS2 StarWars  (Read 32791 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Sheepy

ummmmm what the hell is that anyway?

The yellow bits are just mistakes, or spots for textures or something, but the models an Eclipse Class Star Destroyer. 17.5 kms long, made of black metal, over 1000 turrets (see above) and has a toned down Death Star Planet Destroyer. Its from books or comics or something, but it's probably the second most loved non movie ship ever (after the Tie Defender).
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
Tie defenders are swee t... with all there guns and the manuvering and the dakka dakka and the DIE REBEL SCUM! ..... neways, i wanna see a B-wing, with the revolving exterior like its ment to ..... but that aint gonna happen :doubt:
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
GE, go with this one:
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Corsair
GE, go with this one:

Bevel it - it makes the rebel logo look very nice - the Imperial one still looks better beveled IMO but not as much better as the reb one. That said, I still prefer the DS.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Razor

Great model GE :yes: Eclipse is a really cool ship. :nod:

By the way, I have the Executor model! :D

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
I so wanna do something for this project but i have next to no talent in moding :doubt: all i can do is draw concepts (for DA) and make system maps (for DatDB) I WANT TO BE AABLE TO MODLE GOOD! :( :(
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Okay, the geometry is all fixed, it's a completely layered 3DM now. I did all that myself, with Rhino... whoopie! If KARMA can take it into trueSpace, glue its 70 turrets, and texture it, I'll do the PCS, ModelView, and table post-processing.

I'm looking for a tutorial on LODs and debris... Sandwich's tutorial didn't cover those.

What kind of polycount are we looking at there?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
still have to give it a close look but.... did you tested the single meshes in game? i dare not if you don't have truespace....mmmm crossing fingers
i'll have to look at turrests also (never worked at a capship)..but 70 aren't too few for such a big ship?
ahh i hate the max obj limit:)
does someone know if it is possible to have non modelled turrets firing points, i mean.... having lasers firing directly form the hull even if there isn't a turret...it may be useful to reduce polycount/number of subobjects of capitalships (something similar was used by XWA)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The polycount is 1330 for a fully detailed LOD0, turrets and all. It's split into subobjects under 750 polies.

Karma, I did test the main hull model in game, and it was fine--except I didn't texture it so it was transparent. If there's a limit on 7 debris chunks, though, you should delete one of the engine debris chunks.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by KARMA
does someone know if it is possible to have non modelled turrets firing points, i mean.... having lasers firing directly form the hull even if there isn't a turret...it may be useful to reduce polycount/number of subobjects of capitalships (something similar was used by XWA)

Would gunpoints work?
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Guess What! Black Wolf Actually did some work! Arrrrrgh! The end is Nie etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, check your mailbox KARMA. X Wing, TIE Fighter, Interceptor and Defender ship selection icons coming your way. Much better than the last X Wing one I sent as well. :)

Oh, and on an unrelated note, I found this -  http://ywp.clanpages.com/Info.html

I don't know if you have a similar comparison table for all these fighters, but it might help for table tweakage. Anyhoo, I'm off to bed. Night. :)
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
:eek2: BW, that will be incredibly useful. Now to find another with the capital ships and other, mundane craft.

I will probably use multiples of those values when calculating weapon damage rates and hitpoints, to adjust to the effects of asteroids and ship collisions.

There wouldn't be a similar chart for weapons, would there?

EDIT: What black text? :nervous:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2002, 08:46:38 pm by 510 »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
...to adjust to the effects of asteroids and ship collisions. And Shivan weaponry.

:lol: The black text backfired on ya this time, dude - your post has a green BG. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Bumpity Bump. Way back on the second page. /Until we get a forum, it is our duty to keep this bumped. KARMA, what did you think of my icons? Did they look acceptable/work?
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
i've formatted two days ago and i still have to restore mail backups and to redownload dmtools, sorry
i'll check as soon as possible:)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
BW: I beveled the text. :D

Have we decided which avatar we want? I like the last one, with the lighter red and blue.

I'll be churning out capship meshes galore, but I need someone to play with them in Truespace. Textures, turrets and whatnot. If we could hire someone else to help me with those Karma can concentrate on his fantabulous fighters.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Avatars, btw, do you want the One that i already have, of the Imperial and Rebel insignia together?
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
KARMA (Should we be capitalizing your name or what) still curious abot those Icons, and also, how many do we have on the staff? We'll need a full list when it comes time for avatar doleing out and Internal access giving.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
AFAIK it's me, you, and him, BW.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
okkey now we can start working seriously;7

i'll set up some posts for recruitment