Author Topic: Call of Duty: Black Ops  (Read 7685 times)

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops
Vanquish? But that's already out... what sliding-while-shooting game?

Brink.

Also, THe Witcher 2, etc. etc. etc. :P. My wishlist is too big to afford Codblops

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Finished campaign this morning. Was very good, in retrospect (now that I can appreciate the foreshadowing and character dev). Can you believe they actually developed the token black guy? :D Story itself reminded me a bit of that last Bourne movie in a very vague sense, it's unlike any other COD game I've played.

Gripes were mainly towards things in gameplay, such as infinite respawning enemies, some new dive mechanic that got me killed a few times whilst dodging the former because I now ended up five feet in the open, and those infinite respawning enemies, again. I only got held up at three or four parts, but I found it bloody annoying to have neutralised a hostile, only to advance and be shot by two more in the place of the last one I killed.

I know you North Vietnamese are really into your large families, but seriously, there cannot be that many of you.

Also, the enemy don't seem to know what suppression is, but that's really a COD-wide thing.

Multi is quite intense, KDR is currently sitting at a +1.41, however everyone on FFA loved a particular map called 'Nuketown' or something. I find the new system for upgrades/weapon attachments/all that jazz a bit confusing, could be the darker colours. :P

If you have an open mind and a wallet that looks the same, this game isn't a waste of money, in my opinion. But as always, if you don't like it, you're going to find reasons to not like it, regardless.

Offline Glowhyena

• PC Gamer
    • Steam

Oi! I already saw that one from descentBB.

The game would be awesome.