Author Topic: Vindictus  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
This thing right here.
Who's tried it?  Who likes it?  Who hates it?  What do you think?

The game is gorgeous.  It honestly makes better use of Source than HL2 and the sequels do most of the time.  The only issue I have atm is that when I group with someone I usually end up with some guy on mars who's using dial up to play.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
at first I was like, cool
then I saw nexxon and was like, lame.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
And what exactly is wrong with nexon?  they run several successful F2P multiplayer games and aren't too pushy about the cash shops.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
And what exactly is wrong with nexon?  they run several successful F2P multiplayer games and aren't too pushy about the cash shops.
I played and enjoyed combat arms before the cash shop really took over.
they said it was going to be just cosmetics, but then they added buying characters which would have better armour AND better speed (I put on a LW vest and would be accused of hacking every other game because I'd fold people, though the piece was theoretically balanced by taking less hits) and then there was some more.

I just have a bad taste of nexxon in my mouth.  that's just me.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
So, the website wasn't very helpful. What exactly is this?

Offline Kolgena

It's an RPG where you run through dungeons and smash mobs up and kill an end boss or two. You can use almost all items/debris/corpses in the map as weapons or projectiles. There are 3 characters released so far with impressively different play styles. You loot stuff. You level up skills. You complete quests. I guess it's sorta like Diablo.

That's about it, but it's surprisingly fun. A group of friends got me started, and I play it quite a bit now. Since it's still in public beta, content is a bit limited at this point, though updates are pretty rapid.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Here is a video of what the game is like.  It's a little 'addy', but it's fairly focused.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm going to trust free to play people about the day hell freezes over.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Kolgena

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZHFopNFa1Y

That's a clip of a guy with godlike skills killing one of the harder bosses in the game (notice how he never gets hit, and how he spends most of the battle at 1hp from a health-draining buff). This is on the Korean version, where more material has been released.

The point is, it's not just simple slash'n'hack/mindless clicking. You need a certain level of skill to do well regardless of the character you pick. That's probably the main appeal of this game compared to some other RPGs.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
That's what they said about Navyfield.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I've seen Nexon ruin plenty of good games with their Gold Member status nonsense.  That being said, this game looks like a persistent form of Power Stone 2.

I'll probably give it a shot, if my GPU can take it.

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
at first I was like, cool
then I saw nexxon and was like, lame.

But they made Combat Arms, and Combat Arms if ****ing rad, right brah?!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Watched a couple of the vids on the game...the whole time I was just thinking "dull".

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
It's a bit like golf, boring as hell to watch, not so much when you are doing it.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
BTW, does Combat Arms have eastern severs now?