Author Topic: What's this game?  (Read 4727 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

These are Bruno R. Marcos' Battle of Yavin and Battle of Endor, arcade games.
http://www.bruneras.com/
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I think I played those back in the day.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
All that game is missing is the kill annunciators from Unreal Tournament.

:D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Damn, I thought our combat was fast paced.  That dude killed like 20 TIEs/minute.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Yeah, they're great games, I played those a lot 1-2 years ago.

I prefer BoE since the trench run is so very boring, and my record is 455 TIEs. ;7 Unfortunately I died in the last stage, and my best score when winning is a measly 421.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
it's fun for a short while. Have to try BoE at some point.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
That looks really bland.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
That is not fast paced, that is a lot of one hit kills.

It reminds me of whack-a-mole.

The graphics kinda suck, but actually fun to play if you only have 10 minutes to shoot around before running out the door.  I see they have a graphic upgrade pack, but I havent downloaded it yet.  Stupid file share site making me wait 18 minutes.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
You know, sometimes retro is all you need or want. For something like this, crappy graphics are just fine, as it brings back the great old memories of X-Wing or TIE Fighter, albeit without the single-color polygons or engaging storyline... or more dynamic control environment...

:nervous:

However, one should keep in mind what this is: a 3D SHMUP. A free 3D SHMUP, to say the least. Would be nice if you could select which fighter you wanted to fly, though.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Isn't that normal against TIE ships? :P

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Death Stars, too. :P
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Isn't that normal against TIE ships? :P
But it seems they die a little to easily, no?

Remember that even the aa guns on the Falcon took awhile to take down just 4 Ties.

In any case, from what I've seen from videos of FotG so far, the team won't be turn gameplay into that.

A TIE Fighter's best defense is not getting hit since it has paper armoring.  Keep in mind that in these two games the player is firing a quad-linked blast from his laser cannons, and that will probably take out a TIE in a single hit if they all connect.  Han and Luke probably took so long to down those TIE's because they couldn't hit the maneuverable bastards.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
A TIE Fighter's best defense is not getting hit since it has paper armoring.  Keep in mind that in these two games the player is firing a quad-linked blast from his laser cannons, and that will probably take out a TIE in a single hit if they all connect.  Han and Luke probably took so long to down those TIE's because they couldn't hit the maneuverable bastards.

Also - I haven't played the game yet, but from the video it looks like the TIEs are pretty much just flying around in straight lines or in gentle arcs, and not maneuvering much, which would account for them getting blown up so easily.  Certainly a far cry from what it looks like playing X-Wing Alliance with a bunch of Top-Ace TIE Fighters as your opponents.

Yeah.  If the TIE's were actually flying like they should, it would be a massacre for the Rebels.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

yes i must resurrect this thread!

as far as moving in straight lines and slow steady arcs.... there is wisdom to this type of combat manouvering.... observe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEI5zdYk3Yg

The thought of that........just...........burns!