Author Topic: Does FSO support the Logitech Attack 3 joystick?  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Does FSO support the Logitech Attack 3 joystick?
I'm thinking of getting this joystick as it's rather cheap. It's USB-based, if that makes a difference.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Re: Does FSO support the Logitech Attack 3 joystick?
Yes, this stick will work just fine with FSO. However, I'd recommend spending $10 USD more and getting the Extreme 3D Pro, which is a much more capable device. If you're looking at the Attack 3 because you might be a lefty, however, you have a valid reason - the '3D Pro is built for right-handed users.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

I concur with Thaeris, and second the 3D Pro.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Nah, simply looking for the cheapest(within reason) first-time joystick I could find, only for Freespace. In any case, thanks!  :)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
If you must go for absolute cheap, you might go for a used stick. However, you're quite possibly going to get what you paid for and nothing is guaranteed. Your next best option is thus the Attack 3.

However, if you like any sort of flight simulation or any FPS with aircraft, you're far better off getting the '3D Pro. The Attack 3 has a bit of an odd control arrangement with buttons split on either side of the stick... the 3D Pro has a far better control scheme.

Lastly, the Attack 3 has no twist axis, so you'll have to use the keyboard to roll the fighter or press a button to roll, though you could certainly manage with the buttons on the stick... However, the point I'm getting at is it's worth the extra ten dollars to get a far more useful device.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke