Bingo! That fixed the GLSL issue. Thank you. Still no joy figuring out what's corrupting my mediavps though. I downloaded the MV_Maximum and I'm getting the same results. I deleted the old files, rebooted, and still the same. I'm at a loss.
EDIT: The problem seems to be when I go to unzip the files. I've tried Winrar and 7-Zip and both do the same thing. For instance before unzipping the file size for Root is 28,604 unpacked. After unzipping the file size is 27,934. I've also tried downloading and unzipping on a different computer with the same result.
I know it's a lot to ask but could someone post an unzipped copy of the MV_Root.vp, MV_Assets.vp, and MV_Effects.vp. It's killing me to think that I'm flying around without the full awesome.