Poll

Are YOU in favor of splitting the BP and original versions of Raynor and Titan

Yes
9 (34.6%)
No
17 (65.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Splitting the BP and original versions of Raynor and Titan  (Read 5077 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Re: Splitting the BP and original versions of Raynor and Titan
Let it stay for BP-exclusive content. Let it go for mods that are also used elsewhere.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

I'm with Mobius on this one. I mean, I have no problem with BP ships having different articles, but I do not think it's appropriate to have them all linked to the User-made Ship list. And I have the same stand on the Hydra table hack and the Saphah retexture. They should not be there. (thinking of making a Canon retextures category, probably a bad idea)
On the problem of BP ships, yeah, the Akrotiri way is the best one. All the info is there, it's easy, simple and just one article.
Now
that's because people actually give a **** about and work on the BP stuff. if the same effort was put into the other mods they could get the same treatment, but wiki-ers aren't doing it
Battuta, while I agree that BP is a success and gets a lot of attention, there are people working on stuff different from BP on the wiki. So please don't be so cocky. I appreciate your work and contributions, but that was out of line. The FSwiki should not be transformed into a BPfanboy wiki.
This is my opinion, and I fully support it. If the community decides otherwise, however, I will comply.:)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Though I hate to see BP monopolizing the FSWiki, it's as much the result of BP's aggressive PR as the laziness of the rest of the community. If only the (subjectively judged) OMGTHISISBESTOMGTHXYOU is worthy enough to be represented in the Wiki with more than a couple ship articles, then the general apathy towards less successful mods is at blame as well.

This is consistent with what I said about removing Inferno-related content back in the day. Other mods need a wider representation.

Of course there are some mods that are represented adequately. ST:R, Inferno, Derelict have useful ship articles and walkthroughs. Plus there's a bunch of TBP ships as well. But that's about it. Most of the other mods are restricted to one article.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

True, and there are a lot of ships that aren't covered. Let's not talk of TBP, WCS, WoD, Star Trek, Star Wars, a lot of already released pofed ships aren't on the wiki!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
You know, the wiki can be freely edited by all (wiki) registered users, so feel free to contribute.

I am Fury, I am! I've added 50 ships in the last 2 weeks!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
That so? Keep up good work then. :)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
You know, the wiki can be freely edited by all (wiki) registered users, so feel free to contribute.
But someone [main admin for example] should be the one who "preserving the balance" :). FSwiki is FSwiki, not BPwiki. Every mod should have the same rights.
Not everyone is BP fanboy. For example, I don't like AoA [only WiH was good] so I don't like to see BP-related stuff as a main part of neutral article, only as an addon. If you add BP-related stuff, add also a retextures, weapon list and other stuff from other mods. Raynor for example was used in 15+ other projects, and even don't have screenshot of his standard HTL on wiki. Partialy agree with Kristai.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
oh never mind

No 'Preserving the Balance'. People will write articles about what they write about. Nothing I can do about that.

TopAce: I put as much effort into publicizing other mods, yours included, as I did BP. Nobody seemed to take interest. Nothing I can do about that.

ktistai: You badly misread my post and really pissed me off in the process. PM me so we can sort it out.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:16:22 am by General Battuta »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Locked. Might unlock later. Cool down, people.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns