Author Topic: Best mods redux (split from RELEASE: Tango)  (Read 7501 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: Best mods redux (split from RELEASE: Tango)
You get tons of campaigns to choose from. Check the wiki for the links. There's a short description of each campaign and links to download and forums about it.

There's also links to every campaign on the wiki and then some in the "Released Campaigns Thread" stickied at the top of the board. ;7

/shameless plug.

which isn't quite complete I think. The wiki one isn't complete either. We are working on it:D

Offline Nuclear1

Everyone mentions BP, Transcend, ASW, and VD...

What about Crossing the Styx?  I rather enjoyed it.  And you can't really go wrong with Derelict.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I have heard that both Crossing the Styx and Uncharted Territory are excellent but for some reason they just haven't taken off. I dunno  :blah:

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
CtS has a bit of Transcend syndrome in the second half though. (uneventful noderunning)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Maybe this is just me, but I really enjoyed the Relentless campaign. Currently, it does have a showstopper bug in the end mission
Spoiler:
when you've lost your jump drive and have arrived at earth
though.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Maybe this is just me, but I really enjoyed the Relentless campaign. Currently, it does have a showstopper bug in the end mission
Spoiler:
though.

I would strongly anti-endorse this campaign. You can win it by pressing Alt-J on every single mission since it has no failure conditions in its campaign file.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
CtS has a bit of Transcend syndrome in the second half though. (uneventful noderunning)

Add the need to eliminate dozens of hostiles to the equation, too. What CtS needs is a remake, with different fighting style.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Nuclear1

Spoiler:
though.

I also enjoyed the Relentless campaign.  Currently, it does have a showstopper bug
Spoiler:
when I try to kill myself after the first mission
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline swamper123

• Just call me Swamper
Cleaning Crew , and small campaign where you use bombers , I like that  :hopping: :hopping:
Let's play Blue Planet

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Spoiler:
though.

I also enjoyed the Relentless campaign.  Currently, it does have a showstopper bug
Spoiler:
when I try to kill myself after the first mission

Well then stop trying to kill yourself? This didn't impact my experience the first time, and it didn't impact it the second time. It's so sad to see people nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:07:32 am by Nemesis6 »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
There are a lot of things wrong with Relentless which are definitely not nitpicks. While individual experiences will vary, anyone who declares it pretty dicey has good reason to do so.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Yeah, I think Nuclear's bug is pretty valid.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I think Nuclear1 was being facetious, and he meant to imply that Relentless's critical bug was that it was so bad, it had a tendency to induce suicides.

Sorry Nuclear1, I had no choice but to explain the joke. :nervous: