Author Topic: New theme issues  (Read 248463 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Force-refreshed. That brought the regular cursor back. :)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Everything on the forum and theme seems to be working for me again. Glad you fixed it so fast.

Guess it was just the annual "let's break HLP after 1st April" issue, right ?  :lol: :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Maybe the DNS hosts were engaging in some spring cleaning and tripped over a power cable. :p

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
wont be the first time something like that has happened
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Guess it was just the annual "let's break HLP after 1st April" issue, right ?  :lol: :D

Actually from my understanding it wasn't caused by anything we did, although rev_posix would be able to give a more accurate answer.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What weirded me out was that the page would half-load before being redirected.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:

Actually from my understanding it wasn't caused by anything we did, although rev_posix would be able to give a more accurate answer.
I would think the theme redirecting everyone that could resolve the domain name would be something that "we" did.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I would think the theme redirecting everyone that could resolve the domain name would be something that "we" did.

I never saw the actual breakage myself, so I can't really say for sure. *shrug*
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I don't think most of us saw it either. At least it didn't seem like a really major issue.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It was major, but brief.  It appears to have been partly caused by a dodgy ad, which is why forcing the forums to use the default theme fixed it for some people.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Sandwich, please check out registration page. It has several theme bugs. Namely background and font colors where you type your username and password. Each of them have two or three different instances. Only empty unchecked username fields have correct bg and font colors. Password field has them wrong but username also goes wonky when SMF checks if username is already taken. Please fix.

I just decided to try out Chromium, the theme has some issues with it. See attached (at 1680 width).

[attachment deleted by a ninja]

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Sandwich, please check out registration page. It has several theme bugs. Namely background and font colors where you type your username and password. Each of them have two or three different instances. Only empty unchecked username fields have correct bg and font colors. Password field has them wrong but username also goes wonky when SMF checks if username is already taken. Please fix.

I've changed the colors... it was a bit difficult to find colors that worked with the overall dark background, and yet were definitively "green" or "red" (ish). Think I got it, though.

I just decided to try out Chromium, the theme has some issues with it. See attached (at 1680 width).

Hmm, I'm unable to reproduce this in Chrome; which Chromium version are you running? Is it a dev build?

Hmm, I'm unable to reproduce this in Chrome; which Chromium version are you running? Is it a dev build?

Hum, after updating, the offset-text bug is gone; however the white-text-on-white-background "Jump To" menu remains. Using Chromium 18.0.1025.151 on Lubuntu 12.04.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Odd... the 18.x branch is unavailable as a Portable build: http://sourceforge.net/projects/crportable/files/

Can you check to see if any of the versions available there (number-wise - I know those aren't *nix builds) still have the bug?

Hmm, I can't figure out how to install other versions on Lubuntu. It's not very straightforward.

Anyway, I switched back to Firefox, I found it a better match for my browsing needs. If no-one else is running into this, it's a non-issue.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Apologies for bringing this thing up again ... but it did reveal a minor oversight with the quote source text (attachment).

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:38:34 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I'm sorry, but that is awesome.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I must be blind. Where's the problem exactly? :D

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Yeah. I'm going to have to go with "While that looks cool, maybe don't do that. Srsly." vote.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys