Author Topic: Debugger problems  (Read 871 times)

Offline y3k

So first off, I have no goddamn clue what I'm doing.  Just adding a preface there.

Second, I'm trying to generate an fs2_open.log because I've been having problems in one of the mods, and I've been following the directions in your sticky but I cannot find this:

Still in the Launcher, select the debug build (for example, fs2_open_3_6_10d.exe or fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF_SSE2.exe and so on) and run it.

I can't find the option to select build.  I mean, in the top box under the features tab I can see the launcher is stuck on 3.6.10 even though I upgraded to .12 awhile back even though I also upgraded the launcher (which may explain some of my problems), but I can't figure out how to actually change the build selected.  And it is DRIVING ME INSANE.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Wow that's dumb, the launcher is being very irritating. Here, download this, maybe it'll help - http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=67950.0

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
So first off, I have no goddamn clue what I'm doing.  Just adding a preface there.

Second, I'm trying to generate an fs2_open.log because I've been having problems in one of the mods, and I've been following the directions in your sticky but I cannot find this:

Still in the Launcher, select the debug build (for example, fs2_open_3_6_10d.exe or fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF_SSE2.exe and so on) and run it.

I can't find the option to select build.  I mean, in the top box under the features tab I can see the launcher is stuck on 3.6.10 even though I upgraded to .12 awhile back even though I also upgraded the launcher (which may explain some of my problems), but I can't figure out how to actually change the build selected.  And it is DRIVING ME INSANE.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
top right corner, just under minimise, close, theres a big browse button.

or y'know get into the directory where the executables are and run the one with3 a name the likes of this "fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF_SSE2.exe"
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Oh if the problem is not finding the button, yeah, use that 'browse' button to pick a new one.