Author Topic: Apollo Missle/gun hardpoints mix up  (Read 2741 times)

Apollo Missle/gun hardpoints mix up
Has anyone noticed in FS1 that the Apollos Missile and gun hardpoints are switched?

Check the opening cutscene if you don't believe me!

:v: fuct up REAL good if you ask me!

feedback, enlightenment, or tell me I'm dreamin'

Anyways

Cya

Corhellion

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
they did the same with the Manticore, so what.

Really? hmmm...didn't know about that, too busy killing them :nod:

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Originally posted by Corhellion
Really? hmmm...didn't know about that, too busy killing them :nod:
open up the model in modelview, then look at the fs2 opening intro.

woah, take about major ****upage (my saying, DON'T TAKE IT)

Hope :v: didn't do anything else like that, except those 2 ships

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
woah, take about major ****upage (my saying, DON'T TAKE IT)

Hope :v: didn't do anything else like that, except those 2 ships
eh, too lazy to check, but my guess is that they didnt stop with these two

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by LtNarol
eh, too lazy to check, but my guess is that they didnt stop with these two

oh, no, they did things like having both main lod and lod1 meshes in the rahu main load, or they forgot turrets, or etc etc etc
SCREW CANON!

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Don't forget about the majority of the begining cutscene of FS 2 itself (i.e. Lucy's beams)
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

OH YEAH!! and in the Tech library, under the Lucy, it says it has "3" beams, instead of 2, I think :v: just beefed up the stats to make it look more powerful :p

pathetic really lol

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
There are quite a few instances of that; the Tauret, Mjolnir and Mentu also have incorrect descriptions of the armaments. :p

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
oh yeah, forgot bout those, like the mentu having heavy beam turrets and the mjolnir having missle launchers and an aaf or sumtin
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
*ahem* Collussus description in the cutscene........ :no: :mad2:
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
Re: Apollo Missle/gun hardpoints mix up
Has anyone noticed in FS1 that the Apollos Missile and gun hardpoints are switched?

Hardpoints eh? hehehehe...

Originally posted by Corsair
*ahem* Collussus description in the cutscene........ :no: :mad2:

If it had that kind of arnament... it might have been able to actually destroy something in one of the missions.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Turn forget the apollo in the FS1 intro is from an early design, its a 2 seater version, or the intro was made before the ingame model was finalised (theres some concept are of it somewhere).

Offline Nuclear1

Everything in the cutscenes was part of [V]s original plan for ships.

[the big gun array on the SuperDestroyer begins to reconfigure and "draw light" to itself]

The SuperDestroyer fires a beam!

Thus sayeth the Reference Bible. :D Refers to the Lucifer at Tombaugh attack.

It also refers to the Apollo as a "two-man bomber" in the opening cutscene.

If we're just going to do an entire topic on movie errors, then here I go!

1) What is a Faustas doing in the middle of a battle? (Check the FS2 intro). Its a science cruiser and not meant for battle.

2) There was a Typhon at the Battle of Deneb. Now, if there were a Vasudan destroyer in Deneb, Admiral Wolf would've told us....

3) The Hades never crashed on a planet.

4) Lucy's big gun at wrong point

5) What Orion was that that got hulled so bad? Couldn't have been the Galatea , could it? It was isolated with only a few Shivan bombers and the Lucy, nowhere near a planet, and completely obliterated.

6) Colossus has only 63 guns, not 84 (as described: 45 L.T, 15 F.G, 12 M.B, 12 B.C).

7) The Galatea is in the Colossus cutscene. Wasn't it destroyed?

8) There's something going on with the boxes in the C cutscene. The words say something like: Math is cool, but I'm pretty ******...... shetchy beyond there.

I could go on and on.......... But thats a bad idea :p
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator

heheh...you noticed that one too? Were they just too lazy to use the standard Orion model or did they not have that ready at the time? :p

8) There's something going on with the boxes in the C cutscene. The words say something like: Math is cool, but I'm pretty ******...... shetchy beyond there.

I have been able to translate some of that, but it makes no sense whatsoever. :p

1) What is a Faustas doing in the middle of a battle? (Check the FS2 intro). Its a science cruiser and not meant for battle.

I guess it is because they had been given the option to assist in the fight...
"I swear, if I get caught in some little nook or some little crannie the next time that ship jumps to warp, I'll kill something." - Me, ten seconds after being caught infront of the fighter bay of an orion.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
My only real problem with the FS2 movie is that the ships SINK! Watch the patterns of the Orion and the Faustus if you don't believe me; they're destroyed, but they begin to tilt towards their bottom and not towards a gravity source.
-C

2) There was a Typhon at the Battle of Deneb. Now, if there were a Vasudan destroyer in Deneb, Admiral Wolf would've told us...

Maybe there wasn't one at the time of the Command Brief. Maybe it wasn't relavant to the matters at hand?

3) The Hades never crashed on a planet.

I don't thinks that susposed to be the Hades, since that was destroyed in Beta Aqualie (or however its spelt).

5) What Orion was that that got hulled so bad? Couldn't have been the Galatea , could it? It was isolated with only a few Shivan bombers and the Lucy, nowhere near a planet, and completely obliterated.

Its not the Galatea, which has been said many times before. Its another Orion. If you want to know why it wasn't mentioned, see my reply to point 2.

Cock up! Most likely anyway.

My only real problem with the FS2 movie is that the ships SINK! Watch the patterns of the Orion and the Faustus if you don't believe me; they're destroyed, but they begin to tilt towards their bottom and not towards a gravity source.

I believe thats called artistic licence. It probably looks more realistic to us planet bound humans if things 'sink' when they are destroyed.
Also, once destroyed, I think it would take them a bit longer to before they started to drift towards the planet. Take the intro Orion, that's remained in orbit for at least 32 years.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline Kazashi

I have a couple of points and questions if I may:

With the issue of the Lucifer and the beam in the wrong place, isn't there a command/briefing animation that shows that particular area on the Luficer building up in the same way a beam does? Think of how logical it would be for the Lucifer to have a beam there - when the Shivans orbit a planet and blow it to bits, it would be much easier to place an object in orbit with the engine axis following a shallow acute angle to the tangent of that orbit (ending up exposing the side to the planet), not at a perpendicular to the orbit (which would expose the forward guns). Given that they can stay there for hours or days beaming and bombing a planet, having such a powerful beam in such a location comes across as being almost a necessity.

With the Colossus cutscene, isn't the Galatea part of a short CGI scene, inside the main movie? I'll have to watch it again, since I'm not too sure on this point. Though if that's the case, there would be no qualms with using such a famous destroyer in a presentation like that. With this point I may be getting confused with the size overlay showing the Colossus and some other big ship - if that's the case then just ignore this :)
Blatant advertising #1: Keep the Blood flowing!

Blatant advertising #2: Visit TheDDRZone now!