Author Topic: MT the Game....  (Read 3463 times)

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
With the Fs2 source code out will it help you in making the actual game?
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Not sure if anything in MT would NEED the source code, but any graphical or performance improvements would benefit.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by IceFire
Not sure if anything in MT would NEED the source code, but any graphical or performance improvements would benefit.

no, Codedog talks about the actual game, not the FS2 campaign :). I can't talk for Styxx, but anyway, I doubt the source iwll change anything, it wasn't based on the FS2 engine if I'm not mistaken
SCREW CANON!

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Well, the game project has... evolved. It's being worked on, but we chose not to reveal anything about it at this stage. When we have more work done on it, we'll let you all know...

And no, it won't use the FS2 source code. It would be counter-productive.
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
Originally posted by Styxx
Well, the game project has... evolved. It's being worked on, but we chose not to reveal anything about it at this stage. When we have more work done on it, we'll let you all know...

And no, it won't use the FS2 source code. It would be counter-productive.

So in other words...You don't have hardly anything on the actual game except the idea?!?!?!?!  :D :D :D
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by CODEDOG ND
So in other words...You don't have hardly anything on the actual game except the idea?!?!?!?!  :D :D :D

Far from that, far from that. ;)

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Is he talking about the old Terra project?

I wouldn't say it evolved.... I'd say we slagged it down and built something new - *******.  :D
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Shrike
Is he talking about the old Terra project?

I wouldn't say it evolved.... I'd say we slagged it down and built something new - *******.  :D

Well, you could look at it that way... :D

I would like to ask a few questions about Machina Terra, so here goes:

1: How big do you think the Machina Terra download will be when the project is done? And how big is it at the moment?

2: How long has Machina Terra been in development?

3: How do you create the new cutscenes, I have seen your trailer, and must say I`m impressed!

..and...

4: Will there be any alpha release, or a demo of some type before the initial release of the project?

Thats all the questions I have for now. Thanks for your time.

Stargazer.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2002, 02:27:16 pm by 714 »
"We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean.
We are ready to set sail towards the stars
" --- Carl Sagan, Cosmos.
----
Member of the Noctis IV and Orbiter communities;
Visit Noctis
Visit Orbiter

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Re: 4 questions about MT
Originally posted by Stargazer_2098
1: How big do you think the Machina Terra download will be when the project is done? And how big is it at the moment?

2: How long has Machina Terra been in development?

3: How do you create the new cutscenes, I have seen your trailer, and must say I`m impressed!

4: Will there be any alpha release, or a demo of some type before the initial release of the project?

1: It will vary. From a few megs on the simplest version, to a couple dozen megs with the voices, to a few hundred with all the cutscenes. We'll make it all modular so you can download only what your connection can afford. Right now the full project release files would be around 130 megs.

2: Two years. The first year I worked practically alone, and not much progress was made.

3: Using 3D Studio MAX, r3.1 and r4. The models are the ones made for the campaign and the ones from the Freespace and Freespace 2 games - converted using pof2cob and 3D Exploration.

4: Well, that's a secret. ;)

Offline Ryx

• Twilight Falling
  • Away in RL land. Back later.
About that trailer... How did you do the beam damage things?
Intel C2D E6850|4Gb RAM|Abit IP35 PRO|ATI X1900 XT

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Oh, that was a very complicated technique that involved booleans and... er... booleans. :D

Thanks for repliyng to my questions. I must say I am quite impressed with the work you folks have done already. Keep up the great work.:):) :)

Stargazer.
"We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean.
We are ready to set sail towards the stars
" --- Carl Sagan, Cosmos.
----
Member of the Noctis IV and Orbiter communities;
Visit Noctis
Visit Orbiter