Author Topic: Dead Space 2  (Read 3679 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
So has anyone played this yet? i have just finished it and WOW what a rush! This is what Doom 3 and Fear 2 should of been! I have to say its rare that you get a sequel that surpasses the original and this one does, its truly an EPIC game, the modern Silent Hill and the controls for the PC are brillant you don't need a Xbox controller to play it! The Singleplayer game is outstanding,  very good and sad in parts but complicated at the same time and you really need to watch Dead Space aftermath before playing Dead Space 2 to understand fully whats going on.

The only let down for me is multiplayer, its a bit blah.

So overall 9.5/10  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

First game wasn't much in my estimation, though perhaps dealing with more ****ty console ports makes me want to die inside.

Convince me not to pass on this one, especially considering how much I hated the first, even though I really wanted to like it..
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Really? DAMMIT, I NEED TO SAVE SOME MONEYYYY GRGRGR.
el hombre vicio...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Saving my monies for the next DoW2 installment, sorry.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Saving my monies for the next DoW2 installment, sorry.

I'm thinking of getting on board the waaagh train, is this a good place to hop on?

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
First game wasn't much in my estimation, though perhaps dealing with more ****ty console ports makes me want to die inside.

Convince me not to pass on this one, especially considering how much I hated the first, even though I really wanted to like it..

Ok, This one has been designed for the PC as well as consoles. Control wise its almost the same as the mass effect series.

Other reasons you should play it are,

- Very engrossing and really good storyline and is screwed up (in a good way) like the silent hill series  :)
- Isaac talks and it ain't crap!
- Intro makes you jump  :nod:!
- Voice acting is really good
- Graphics are really good and crisp
- its fun
- Its not a console port!
- Soundtrack is very good
- Lots of dismemberment!
- PC controls are brillant
- Official Mums hate this game! so it must be good(LOL), youtube the trailer Mums hate Deadspace 2

General Battuta
I'm thinking of getting on board the waaagh train, is this a good place to hop on?

Why go with the Waaaaaaagh when you can follow the lure of the Dark Gods! and now Slaanesh joins the fray with the Noise Marines! Give into the Dark Gods of Chaos like i have! Iron Within Iron Without! (sorry  :nervous: )
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:13:47 pm by starbug »

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

If they do a multi reset again, probably so.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Kolgena

I take it the horrible mouse lag and acceleration that was in Dead Space 1 is gone now?

Spoiler:
I'll probably still get the game, if only to play with the bangbangbangpewpewpewbangbangpewbangpewpew finger

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
Am I the only one that found the first Dead Space to be boring and predictable?
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline Kolgena

I loved the first half. Then it got a little lame when I realized that Isaac is pretty well off after some upgrading and that necromorphs were all bark no bite. Then it got annoying when the twitchers showed up, because of mouse lag.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Well the lack of response on the first version made me fall in love with the game, I was so frustrated when attacked by several enemies at the same time, damn hard and got killed a lot...
Also the game made me crap my pants more times that I can remember, it's a great game with a great environment, from the vids I've seen this version keeps on the right track in regards of the dark environment and OMFGWWT? moments.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I played it a bit at an associates house. Nothing to write home about, uses Quake 4 / Doom 3 "I can't get to the other side of the glass" in game cut scenes for the gory bits. Is mostly suspense (boredom) with brief sprints of fighting in which either you or they end up dead.

Recommended as a scary game only when tripping mushrooms.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
The first dead space was such a disappointment on PC that I am extremely wary of getting this. :(

PC version doesn't have the New Game + Elite suits and the Hand Cannon yet. They say they're going to patch it but who knows when...

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
PC version doesn't have the New Game + Elite suits and the Hand Cannon yet. They say they're going to patch it but who knows when...

Err yes it does, when i completed the game, i got the pop up saying Elite suits and new weapons have been unlocked to access them started a new game with the new game + option that has now been unlocked. Also a new hardcore difficulty level has been unlocked as well.

Also mouse lag has been fixed for Deadspace 2,

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I take it the horrible mouse lag and acceleration that was in Dead Space 1 is gone now?

Spoiler:
I'll probably still get the game, if only to play with the bangbangbangpewpewpewbangbangpewbangpewpew finger

V-Sync, turn it off.

Problem solved.

Err yes it does, when i completed the game, i got the pop up saying Elite suits and new weapons have been unlocked to access them started a new game with the new game + option that has now been unlocked. Also a new hardcore difficulty level has been unlocked as well.

Also mouse lag has been fixed for Deadspace 2,

Oh, it unlocks fine, just good luck finding the advanced suit schematics (Protip: In the PC version they don't appear, hence it being bugged)
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Bah, double-toasted by accident, admins delete this post, please
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Mouse Lag has been fixed.  They v-sync issues have not - it's still "Enable in game, 30FPS.  Disable in game, enable in control panel for nVidia.  Install rivatuner if Ati and WinXP.   Unfixable without disabling UAC in Win7 with Ati"

Offline Davros

V-Sync, turn it off.

Problem solved.

Ive been playing through ds1 and you wait till I reach level 10 to tell me theres a fix for the mouse lag - you swine :D

ps: the game cheated on me
I entered a room with a load of dead bodies and I thought to myself I bet soon one of those creatures will appear that re-animate dead bodies and i will end up having to fight them, so using telekinesis I removed them all and dumped them onto the train tracks. then when I entered the room later the creature appeared in the room and the game had put all the bodies back

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Have to say i haven't had any V-sync problems at all with the game. I am a bit peeved no though, as i have been told PC gamers will not get DLC, they will get the extra suits and weapons on the new game + once the patch is out as they are ment to work but its a bug thats caused it not to. Game Developers keep saying that they need to turn there attention to PC games and yet they keep doing this not allowing DLC for PC only consoles. That Sucks if its true, cos PC gaming is more alive than ever!