Author Topic: mod questions on the wiki?  (Read 2548 times)

Offline starlord

mod questions on the wiki?
Sorry, but it happens I have questions regarding 2 mods cited on the wiki!

Does anyone know anything regarding the starforce project or the dark space project?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: mod questions on the wiki?
Starforce is one of Woolie's things, but I'm not sure it's actively developed anymore or that it has any real chance of being completed considering some of the things he once claimed about it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline starlord

Ok, that's one thing we know of, but what of the dark space project? what is it? and who's working on this one?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You fail at wiki 304 "Tracing old changes". Doing so would have revealed to you that Trivial Psychic was the one who added those references. You might want to contact him.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline starlord

You mean trivial psychic was behind the idea? Interesting! Also, forgive me, but I don't quite understand the meaning of the beginning of your sentence...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Basically, the info you were looking for was hidden in the page history. By checking edits, you would have been able to find the revision where this Dark Space thingy was added, and thus get the name of the person who added them.

Offline starlord

Oh I see! i personnally saw this from a screen in the wiki, as well as a feature request for working headlamps for ships (seems pretty cool actually) which TDSP wishes to implement... I have sent trivial a PM.

Could this mean part of this could occur in empty space (not in a star system?), Is it even possible to render space without a blazing star in FS?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Sorry Starlord, I assume you've already seen my reply, containing my complete bewilderment regarding your inquiry.  However, after reading this thread, the only thing that I do recall adding to this page of the Wiki is in regards to persistent impact explosions... something more substantial that just the simple damage spews that we have right now.  Basically, it would allow us to recreate some of the damage fire seen in Babylon 5.  It would make ships that are seriously damaged, really LOOK like they've taken a beating.  I have no recollection of anything regarding this Dark Space project.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline starlord

Hmm, then who...

thanks for your reply by the way trivial...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Okay, my failure. How I came to the conclusion that Trivial Psychic added the info is beyond me, must have had hallucinations. Topgun is in fact the one who did it.

Offline starlord

ok, i'll send the pm!