Author Topic: What's the diference?  (Read 2328 times)

What's the diference?
What's the diference between FS1 cd's and FS1 DVD????
--- none ---

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
About 3.2Gb of empty space.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Sounds about right.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
edited for great justice
« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 08:04:08 pm by 675 »
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
Originally posted by Knight Templar
Theres a FS1 DVD?

The "average" human would have considered all the evidence in the post, and came to the conclusion that indeed their is an FS1 DVD.... and therefor this post was not at all neccesary.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
edited for great justice
« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 08:03:54 pm by 675 »

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
The "average" human would have guessed that FS1 was on the FS1 dvd, and that they might find it by using one of the many popular search engines.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
edited for great justice
« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 08:03:41 pm by 675 »

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
alright sorry, for all the people out there that aren't in need of a menstral relief pad, heres what i got.

As the long war between the Terrans and the alien Vasudans continues on, another, more powerful species threatens both with annihilation. Your Terran unit of the space armada is once again called to action as the last, best hope of mankind. Strap into your space fighter, check your weapon load-out, and kiss the wife good-bye, because you may not return from the reaches of FreeSpace. Battle and command up to 12 units in intense dogfights with high resolution space crafts. Fly right up to fully-rendered space ships, including gigantic capital ships that take minutes to traverse. Choose your fate and the fate of Earth in branching mission structures with multiple solutions.

Over 40 jaw-dropping real-time ships with dynamic lighting, stunning effects, animation and unprecedented levels of realism and detail.

Command intelligent squad-mates, redirect up to 12 wingmen, and request reinforcements for unbelievably intense dogfights. Track your statistics, ranking, and medals against players from all over Earth with Up to 12 player Internet support and 8 player team vs. team support!

Create your own detailed missions using "FRED", the fully-featured mission editor.

Three unique species, each with its own strengths, weaknesses, tactics, ships, and fighting characteristics, driven by an advanced artificial intelligence (AI) system created by the same people that made DESCENT™ so incredible.

Choose from 8 different fighters and bombers, then outfit them with a wide array of advanced weaponry.

Selectively target ship subsystems, defensive turrets, and fighter bays with an in-depth HUD combat system.

ALSO... Choose your fate and the fate of Earth in branching mission structures with multiple solutions. Experience a full 360 degrees of freedom with no walls or corridors, just the vastness of space filled with worm holes, asteroid fields and the debris of your enemy. Disable and capture enemy ships to gain access to advanced alien technology. Live through the epic science fiction saga as told through breathtaking cinematic sequences. Team up or fight against your friends in the intense multiplayer action over a network. Event-driven soundtrack evokes a film-like experience and emphasizes the intensity of action.

Operating System:   Windows 95/98 or Me
Processor:   Pentium+
CD-ROM: DVD CD
Minimum Memory:   32 MB
CDROM Speed:   4X
Graphic Requirements:   SVGA

CD ONLY!

Availability: Usually ships the next business day.

G1407Retail Price: $59.95Our Price: $4.99

So um i don't mean to sound so naive, but like is this a new campaign, an existing one im totally oblivious to, a new game altogether or is it just some marketing ploy or something?

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline elorran

• Big Daddy Tap
  • Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
Sounds like the original Freespace to me.
Thats no moon... hes dropped his pants!

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
edited for great justice
« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 08:03:28 pm by 675 »

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Knight: First of all, exactly ****, except that one uses a DVD and the other uses a standard CD.

Second, you're the one who's *****ing out. I thought it was quite funny, in an insulting way. Cool it.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
*gets out a fire extinguisher, douses flames*
There, that's better.

Basically, the FS1 DVD (that I have, anyway) has one disc, afterburner trails, and voice recognition. Most of this is taken away if you install ST, however, because of the engine modifications.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
edited for great justice
« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 08:03:15 pm by 675 »

Too Long, Didn't Read