Author Topic: What do you want to see in the Upgrade Project?  (Read 13860 times)

Offline Qent

Re: What do you want to see in the Upgrade Project?
Yeah, maybe a "upgraded retail tiles" pack, separate download, containing, well, the upgraded versions of all retail textures would be nice.
This, though it should be a separate project obviously.

What I'd like to see in FSU is a resource policy for modders.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah, it's pretty disconcerting to release your magnum opus that works flawlessly with whatever MVP release, then come back a year later after say, you go to Iraq or something and find it's all broken and nobody has fixed it.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Droid:

... then which version had normal maps? Also I think Zacam may have some older versions lying around.

Tutta:

Good point. You should help Droid to make a tile pack.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Steam
Some way to implement debris hulks, dense debris fields and bodies left by capital ships on detonation sites.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
3.6.9 Mediavps should have normal maps (and I used to have them).
3.6.10 Mediavps should have all that's needed to make models which don't have "a"s at the end of their texture names work.
And I think that old texture upgrades should be fully supported by Mediavps team.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Some way to implement debris hulks, dense debris fields and bodies left by capital ships on detonation sites.

Guys, these are FSU requests, not code requests.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
3.6.9 Mediavps should have normal maps (and I used to have them).
3.6.10 Mediavps should have all that's needed to make models which don't have "a"s at the end of their texture names work.
And I think that old texture upgrades should be fully supported by Mediavps team.
There were no 3.6.9 MVPs, it went from 3.6.8 (had no normal maps) straight to 3.6.10, where normal maps were first implemented.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
This is a thread where you can make requests as to what you would like to see added/changes in the FSU. Remember, all requests are just that; requests, which means there is no guarantee we'll agree or have the manpower to implement every request.
Well, I can think of about a dozen different models that have been shown in one degree of detail improvement (I.E. High-Polification) and while a certain number are likely to make their way in, others I believe are kinda sitting in limbo such as the Typhon and Demon.  It is these that I'd like to see finished and included.  Most other improvements I have in mind would be dependent on code additions which are not currently in the engine.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Typhon is actively being worked on.

Not sure about the Demon. I've also put the Arcadia work on hold for a bit.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Hi-poly NTF Boardicea.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
The NTF Boadicea is on hold, as is the Hermes, Medusa, and Demon. I still need to go over my old Hermes mesh a bit and improve it, no one has claimed the Boadicea, the Demon is to be modeled by peterv AFTER he uvmaps my Medusa (which he said, not me). The Typhon is well on its way, the new Hades and Colossus are both mostly done, my Deimos is on hold (for now, may pick it up again tomorrow). That's all I can think of right now.

That being said, I didn't make this thread for the request of models already being finished to be requested to be finished. It can relate to a model, say you want a new Hhigh-poly model or an upgrade of an already high-poly model? Post that here. Have some grips about an old model? Post that here.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

A modular mod-manager like device, and/or the ability to quickly integrate a custom ship into the ship.tbl file. It would scan for a .tbl file in an archive and then add it to the list. This would make live a lot easier for people that want to make mods with more custom ships, but are having trouble to locate, use or correctly add to, the ship.tbl file.

Wonder if something like this could be made.

Edit: Ah, sorry. Seems this is the wrong section for it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 10:21:53 am by JCDNWarrior »
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
A modular mod-manager like device, and/or the ability to quickly integrate a custom ship into the ship.tbl file. It would scan for a .tbl file in an archive and then add it to the list. This would make live a lot easier for people that want to make mods with more custom ships, but are having trouble to locate, use or correctly add to, the ship.tbl file.

How does that relate to FSU?
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?

Its called notepad and a brain. \o/
Seriously.
Finding all the textures the POF uses is harder than making a table.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker

Its called notepad and a brain. \o/
Seriously.
Finding all the textures the POF uses is harder than making a table.
And a suggestion like that would belong in the tools board anyway.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline CAP1331

I've seen some pretty awesome skyboxes in the wiki screenshots page (I haven't play any mod with them though). I would like to see something like that as standart skyboxes for most common retail stellar systems.
I mean, look at these:
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/File:RScreen0068.png
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/File:RScreen0072.jpg
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/File:RScreen0048.png
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/File:RScreen0043.jpg
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/File:RScreen0059.jpg
 :)
But I also like Lightspeed's Nebulas a lot, so it's not urgent. I've seen a modified subspace whirl somewhere too, I'd like to see something like that. And maybe a new weapons effect for the Prometheus Cannon (the regular one, not the advanced nor retrofit). It looks like your shooting green glowsticks in my opinion.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken