Author Topic: A WoD dev blog  (Read 421455 times)

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
@video, what the heck is that at the end?

Step three: Start to realize the A.I. is pants on the head retarded and won't link its primary banks, no matter what flag or setting is used in the ai tables.

I've had similar troubles in my mod trying to get the AI to switch and launch different secondary weapons at times of my choosing. Good-secondary-time has not yet proved useful for more than one weapon. Seems you don't have much of a choice what they fight with short of manually selecting their primary and secondary weapons for them using sexps.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline -Norbert-

@video, what the heck is that at the end?
To me that looked a lot like funnels (original MS Gundam and sequels), the dragoon system (Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny) or bits/fangs (Gundam 00) depending on which gundam series you base your vocabulary off.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Aye, that be a funnel kinda thing  :nod:

Also: happy days of joy and jubilation
Turns out the wiki derped and herped hard. The flag is suppose to be $allow primary link delay:
The wiki had it listed as $allow primaries link delay:

Again, many thanks to Valathil for figuring this out.

Now fighters are using all their banks good and proper.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline -Norbert-

Now that you mention it... can the funnel beams be made to pierce through the target, like larger beams? That would look pretty cool and remind me a lot of Gundam Unicorn.
Though I think with the lack of telepathic controll (i.e. Newtype powers) they should rather be called bits or fangs or something else.... unless the make a "la la" sound :lol:

If someone doesn't know what I'm talking about, you are seriously lacking in anime histry. Go watch the original MS Gundam NOW!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You're assuming we don't have Newtype powers now. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline -Norbert-

The closest thing WoD has to newtypes (as far as I know) is Dawn and the "only" has enhanced reflexes, a more resistant body and the occasional premonition.
Okay there are the Winged Ones of the Cyrvan, who also have premonitions, but so far I heard nothing of them using psychoframe or a psycommu system to remote-link their minds with any machine.
The only beings of whom we know they are capable of linking (or merging?) with their machines are the Fura'ngle.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Well...if one were to say, the humans of the LSF-era probably have more resistant bodies than the UEU-era humans. I'm pretty sure the Fura'ngle are their own machines...gotta read up the techroom again. I wonder if they levitate or vibrate to move around while they're being small rocks and crystals :P

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
At first they vibrated, but a common consensus on this was soon reached: "This sucks."
This was the first major trigger for the Fura'ngle to start developing technology.

true story
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
the humans of the LSF-era probably have more resistant bodies than the UEU-era humans
The teh room does mention some genetweaking.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
the humans of the LSF-era probably have more resistant bodies than the UEU-era humans
The teh room does mention some genetweaking.
Gentweaking yes, but no braintweaking, what the UEU did.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline -Norbert-

Actually both. They also tweaked the brain to give their pilots faster reaction. Dawns fellow pilots comment on that in the very first misison of WoD.
That is also what gave Dawn the premonition, but wether this is a surprising side effect of the enhencement, or an experiment by the scientists who did the procedure is anyones guess.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I think Deadly in a Shadow was saying that the LSF didn't do braintweaking. Dawn was in the UEU, which allowed braintweaking, before travelling to the future.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Some measure of genetic alteration has filtered to the population at large; it could include minor tweaks to the brain. Nothing as serious as Dawn, of course.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Some measure of genetic alteration has filtered to the population at large; it could include minor tweaks to the brain. Nothing as serious as Dawn, of course.
It's not 'some measure', reading up closely, genetic modification had continued long, long long even after when they weren't needed. This would mean most, if not all humans before the rebellion, would have already been living up to 140 years...I think. Technocracy and all that.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Aye, that be a funnel kinda thing  :nod:
I've always wanted to make Freespace Funnelfangs, but not happening given my hours. heh. Thanks Spoon.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Spoon, would you be so kind to post your particles.cfg file for the Particles Script? I just started re-playing WoD and I thought it would be cool to see it in action.
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Spoon, would you be so kind to post your particles.cfg file for the Particles Script? I just started re-playing WoD and I thought it would be cool to see it in action.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zs8ncd26x37p902
Had to edit it a bit, pretty sure it works, not sure if it looks good on all ships.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:59:29 pm by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

Thanks, that's awesome. :)

Offline -Norbert-

In which folder does the file go?

First you need to grab m!m's particle script from here and follow it's directions. He set it up as a mod but you can add the folders to any mod you want provided you have a particles.cfg file made for that mod.