Author Topic: Login Failed  (Read 2520 times)

Offline Whoelse

• I´m from Austria. So there could be some mistakes.
I´m new here and i just created an account at FS2NetD. I exactly followed the Instructions at http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,63609.0.html and my Username is without capital letters.
But when I want to start playing, the game just says "Login Failed"  :confused:
I´m using the launcher 5.5g and i tried fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe and fs2_open_3_6_12r_INF.exe but it doesnt work  :banghead:
Could anyone help me?  :)
I´m from Austria. So there could be some mistakes in the text =).

Offline Shade

The IRC-based chat lobby is currently down, which is likely why you recieved that message. As long as you can click on from there and manage to get to This Screen though (there won't necessarily be any games visible), you are logged in just fine.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Whoelse

I don´t know exactly what you mean, but I don´t get to this screen after the error. I´m taken back to the main menu.  :confused: Do you know when the servers will be up again?

Offline Shade

Huh. Just tried it myself and the IRC lobby is, in fact, NOT down. That's a nice change. So it would seem there's a problem on your end. Troubleshooting time, then:

A) Did you create an FS2NetD account Here? (Also, you may need to activate it by clicking an E-mailed link, I can't remember for certain. But if you got a mail to that effect, make sure you did that too)

B) Did you correctly supply the login info from said account in the in-game multiplayer options?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:36:20 am by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Whoelse

Yes, I created the account and I activated it correctly (I can login at http://fs2netd.game-warden.com/)
And I entered my data ingame. But I still get this error.  :(

Offline Shade

Ok, then.

C) Does the name of your multiplayer pilot match the name of the account?

Offline Whoelse

No, it ditn´t macht. But now I created a new Pilot with the same name and it still doesn´t work  :banghead:.

Offline Shade

Hmm. I'm running low on options.

D) Did you allow a firewall exception for FS2_open? It naturally can't connect if it's being blocked on your end.

Offline Whoelse

Unfortunately I only can say: Yes!  :blah:

Offline Shade

One more possibility I can think of, then.

E) If you're using a non-english keyboard, FS2_open assumes a different key layout from what you actually have. As such, while the standard keys (A-Z, 0-9) are generally the same, anything else might potentially give difference results in-game versus in normal use. And since the password only shows as ******* when typed, you can't really tell. So if you are on a non-english keyboard and are using non-alphanumerical characters in your password, try registering a new account with a strictly alphanumerical password.

Offline Whoelse

Thank you very much! This was the Problem! I had a z in my password, which is switched with the y on my keyboard (german). Now it works.  :D

Offline Shade

Excellent :)