Author Topic: more posts  (Read 1462 times)

Cool interview but what does it have to do with BP, INF or any other mod?

The only sense I got from the interview is that the story regarding FS3 was still very much up in the air. Bosch might be dead, maybe not. Ancients might've come back, maybe not. The Shivans may have been making nodes, maybe not. Shivans might be an ancient tool that has survived the death of its creators, maybe not. Etcetera. It's cool and all but there's nothing really concrete because I suspect no story was ever put in stone beyond FS2.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Jesus Christ look at these people.

It has to do with BP, INF, or any other mod exactly how the first post says it has to do with BP, INF or any other mod. The rest of your post is an aimless declaration that misses the obvious.

What's the point of this thread exactly? Is it to give new information to the freespace community, or is to say "LOOK! WE WERE RIGHT! WE WIN THE ARGUMENT" (regardin silent/non-silent protagonists). Because frankly the pre-face from the first post suggests the latter, when it uses words like "legitimacy", "helps end the debate", etcetera. People should seriously realize this a community of people who love a game, cut the bull**** politics, none of you are getting paid, and no one's campaign is any more legimate or canon than any other.

The only new, concrete piece of information from the whole interview is this:
We wanted the humans and Vasudans to go on the offensive and attack the Shivan homeworld. We referred to it as “Shivantown.” Beyond that, we didn’t really have anything concrete.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Again, you're attacking nothing.

no one's campaign is any more legimate or canon than any other

That's exactly the point of the 'bull**** preface'.

The questions asked were sourced from the community. People wanted to ask about the silent/nonsilent protagonist thing, so I asked.

Stop trying to **** up the thread with bull**** politics. No one's getting paid, this is a gift to a community of people that love a game.

The only new, concrete piece of information from the whole interview is this:

Yeah that's just a blatant lie. Cut the trolling or get split and dumped with the rest of the trolls.

Again, you're attacking nothing.

no one's campaign is any more legimate or canon than any other

That's exactly the point of the 'bull**** preface'.

Oh really? I thought it was to say: "Volition legitimacy to components of Blue Planet's story, to what I know of Inferno"

Volition Legitimacy? Wow that sure sounds like you're trying to elevate one campaign over the others.

Yeah that's just a blatant lie. Cut the trolling or get split and dumped with the rest of the trolls.

Actually, it's not. Let's look at the answers in sequence regarding FS2's ending:
1. "My Theory"
2. "I don't know"
3. New information
4. Obvious from FS2 ending
5. Apparent from FS2 ending (jumping out with different nodes), followed by "I don't know"
6. "We talked, but nothing happened"
7. "I don't know."
8. "I don't know"

Oh you are right on one thing. There were two new pieces of information, the second piece was that, FS3 wasn't  planned out.
Or if it was he's not telling.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I split this out so it can stop ****ting up a perfectly good thread. I have no idea why you'd want to drag in all this random mod politics crap, but I'm not going to indulge it - if you're willing to take a statement that this information does nothing to elevate any campaign over any other as a statement that it does elevate one campaign over others, you're beyond rational discourse.

That list is beautiful. I will screencap it and use it to illustrate hindsight bias next time I have to teach a course.

Have fun here.
Feel free to report him if his posts get too ridiculous, I'll be leaving him on ignore from now on.

Just merging double posts. I don't know why. Like fighting windmills. -- jeffgreenpowervader
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 04:48:38 am by Jeff Vader »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm throwing a lock on this for the time being, until one of the higher-ups can take a look at it.  Battuta, as a friendly word of advice, I think you might want to cool down a bit over this whole issue.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I don't see why you'd need to lock a thread after two days of inactivity, but whatever. Your advice is unnecessary and misdirected.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I received a report about it, and I though it best to shut things down before someone else jumped into the fray.  Not that it prevents one half of the back-and-forth from posting, obviously, but whatever.