Author Topic: Crysis 2  (Read 10207 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
With the exception of the Ceph redesign, the C2 world is a lot more internally consistent and believable - there's actually some decent SF in there. C1 was mostly a big action movie.

Crysis Legion is a fairly decent look into what makes C2's fiction a bit better. Might as well just accept that C1 was mostly retconned out.

With the exception of the Ceph redesign, the C2 world is a lot more internally consistent and believable - there's actually some decent SF in there. C1 was mostly a big action movie.

Crysis Legion is a fairly decent look into what makes C2's fiction a bit better. Might as well just accept that C1 was mostly retconned out.

Haven't read Legion yet, planning to for the sake of storyline. When you say retconned out, are you referring to the original Ceph, how the battle of Lingshan went down, stuff like that, or just C1's storyline period? The references to Lingshan in C2 are very broad, and make little mention of the huge battle that it was, so I guess it would be easy for Crytek to completely change the events of the first game and still have C2 make sense.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Haven't read Legion yet, planning to for the sake of storyline. When you say retconned out, are you referring to the original Ceph, how the battle of Lingshan went down, stuff like that, or just C1's storyline period? The references to Lingshan in C2 are very broad, and make little mention of the huge battle that it was, so I guess it would be easy for Crytek to completely change the events of the first game and still have C2 make sense.

Just sort of a general fuzziness around the events of C1. There's no mention made at all in C2 of the C1 alien's energy-draining power or their response to a nuke, and it seems taken as a given that the whole event was somehow contained.

Woo, more fuzziness. I kinda wish Crytek would just come out and say something on the issue, if not just to quiet down the *****ing on their forums (swear to god, that place is almost as bad as the Bungie forums.)

And I still miss the C1 Ceph  :( There were quite a few things C2 did better than C1 from a storyline and background standpoint, but I still cant get over that they made such a cool enemy so damn generic.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I agree. They could've just made a slightly more walky version of the exoskeleton. The old Ceph kind of resembled a severely undergunned version of what I could imagine a quasi-realistic invading army acting like. The new Ceph are just bleh.

Seriously. Take the Ceph trooper, keep the central part of the body, turn the tentacles in to more solid grasping limbs kinda like the Tripods in the abysmal War of the Worlds remake, have them walk around like quadrupeds if you must, and boom. You have an enemy that is similar enough to the original while still being able to take advantage of the ground tactics the Ceph portrayed in C2 that Crytek was so proud of.

And instead of the awesome matrix bot-looking Gunship/Dropship, we get Bicopter gunships that look like they belong in Bladerunner and what is literally the worst design for a Dropship or Troop Transport I have ever seen. It boggles the mind.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

That statement of yours makes me go WTF with disbelief....

C2 is not better in any way, shape or form.
C2 is not more internaly consistent - quite the opposite.
C2 story is garbage - but a nicely packaged garbage.

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

That statement of yours makes me go WTF with disbelief....

C2 is not better in any way, shape or form.
C2 is not more internaly consistent - quite the opposite.
C2 story is garbage - but a nicely packaged garbage.

I hear if you state opinion as fact it will make you win arguments

oh wait

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The same applies to you you know...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!