Author Topic: In-Mission Jumping Tutorial  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Axem

In-Mission Jumping Tutorial
This topic seems to come up a lot, so I spent the time making a full tutorial with lots of pictures and mission files. I over wrote the old page, since that was just a link...

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Tutorial_-_In-Mission_Jumps

It covers a in mission jumps for capital ships, the player and his wingmen. Hope this helps you enterprising FREDders. :)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: In-Mission Jumping Tutorial
this **** is cash (and integrates all the best elements of the recent approaches to tactical jumps, so it's even better than looking at missions using them!)

Offline Enzo03

Cash indeed.  One of the concepts I was thinking of using for a mod (assuming I go through with making it) was figuring out some way to do the player warping thing (and if it weren't possible, getting rid of fighter jump drives altogether and having a carrier ship or "battle tender" a-la .. or is it al-a? ala? ... ...Star Trek Starfleet Command II, which is like a mini carrier if I recall correctly).
Just to make sure I don't forget, I now have yet another bookmark to my long list of browser bookmarks :P

Hats off to Axem for another fine piece that's as awesome as it is funny to read! Though actually quite a bit more of the former.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Je pense que we need more things like this, Axem tu es the coolest.