Author Topic: Portaaaaal: Prelude  (Read 1407 times)

In preparation for the release of Portal 2 later this month, I would advise anyone interested in portaling in general to play Portal: Prelude.
It takes what you learned in Portal, and presses it into a fine putty. Also there's cake! Real cake!
Seriously though, it's really hard. So come on and practice up! (For science!)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Also, play Audiosurf. Pick any song. Just do it :3

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I would like to warn those of you who do not already know that Portal Prelude sucked when it came out.  I have no idea if the creators had someone competent redo the entire thing since its debut (which would be necessary for someone to give it high praise).  But it sucked when it came out.

That is all.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I would like to warn those of you who do not already know that Portal Prelude sucked when it came out.  I have no idea if the creators had someone competent redo the entire thing since its debut (which would be necessary for someone to give it high praise).  But it sucked when it came out.

That is all.
opinions are fun
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I had a good amount of fun with Prelude.  I also highly recommend Portal: The Flash Version Mappack, which is an extended in-game conversion of the 2D Flash game.

Portal Prelude was so ****ing hard that I got dizzy from motion sickness when I tried to get past a puzzle.

No game ever achieved that, so I quit.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I remember Prelude being about timing more than the puzzles, so I got bored.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Yeah, it eventually was more about reflexes then actual thinking, which is why I gave up.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Odd, I don't recall it being all that difficult but I definitely recall it kinda sucking.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Belisarius

• I will not give up my ship!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Legends of Middleearth
Didn't like it much either. While Portal was fun to solve all the riddles and even was fun after the third replay, Prelude made me quit because of the fixation on stupid reflexes than solving riddles that made Portal such a funny game.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
I enjoyed it. It was pretty tough, though.