Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 48562 times)

Alright, got some experience with the T23, and it now makes some income.
The higher Tiers seem to be more populated with heavy tanks than any of the other vehicle types.

The T-54 has a bunch of stats such as engine power, front hull armor and maneuverability that were never seen on a T-54 in reality. It's a small, overpowered UFO, and there were some stats from the Russian test server where there were 3x more T-54s than Panther IIs and Pershings combined...

There's also talk about the developers wanting to nerf the Pershing and P II because they get higher victory rates than the T-54. I'm pretty sure this game will become World of Soviet Tanks pretty soon... and World of Empty Battlefields not long after that when the players leave. Not a bright future for a game that's pretty good right now and only a few steps away from being awesome.
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
To be fair, the Panther 2 achieving higher victory rates than the T-54 is pretty lol. The Panther II was an incremental upgrade; the T-54 is a revolutionary design and the father of the Main Battle Tank.

The Pershing and Panther 2 are  also to be moved down a tier as well to make way for the M47 Patton and E-50 Standardpanzer, which are closer contemporaries in design age to the T-54. This might require nerfing since if they're as good as the T-54 currently then they'll murderize the hell out of the Tier 8 guys.

I have problems with the Soviet tank tree, most of them centered around the KV, but those are being addressed too. Stop ****ting on the game for things you haven't paid enough to attention to properly understand.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

M46 Patton with M47 turret. The M47 and M48 were too heavily armored to be featured, or so someone wrote on the forum...
As for the T-54, people say that the Soviet tank tree is easier and players reach the top having less experience than the US and German tankers. This might be a factor causing the Panther II and Pershing to have a higher win ratio.

Another thing is that using victory rate to balance things out in a game where 30 tanks are randomly put onto a battlefield is rather imperfect.
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
The Pershing and Panther 2 are  also to be moved down a tier as well to make way for the M47 Patton and E-50 Standardpanzer, which are closer contemporaries in design age to the T-54. This might require nerfing since if they're as good as the T-54 currently then they'll murderize the hell out of the Tier 8 guys.

Would the Entwicklung series actually be able to compete with the T54 and M47?  They always struck me as being sorta a last ditch effort by the Germans to make their current lineup of tanks cheaper and easier to produce.  That smells more like compromise then innovation. 
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Would the Entwicklung series actually be able to compete with the T54 and M47?  They always struck me as being sorta a last ditch effort by the Germans to make their current lineup of tanks cheaper and easier to produce.  That smells more like compromise then innovation.

Fair question. They probably wouldn't be a great match, but the differences would not have been insurmountable. They never made it off the drawing board, and neither did the 88mm L/100 that was one of their two possible armaments. At worst, the E-50s would have been only incremental improvements over the Panther II/Ausf F. At best, they could have been a more maneuverable and lighter Tiger II, using armor slope to make up what they lacked in weight of plating.

Either way the US and Russian vehicles would have had significant advantages in side turret armor, speed, and maneuverability, and probably much better interior ergonomics.

A Feddie Story

Offline Marcov

• Chicken Little
  • My Sig Is Spam
Isn't this like Panzer Killer?
With the rapid increase of FS fan-made campaigns, we're giving the GTVA a harder time with more violence and genocide.

~FreeSpace: The Battle of Endor (voice dub)~
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9K9-Y1JBTE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtQanXDRAXM
Part 3/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoBLKYt_oG0

Old (original) videos:
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ygskaoUtE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0uoPTksBlI

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Isn't this like Panzer Killer?

Having never heard of this game you speak of, **** if I know. Please describe this "Panzer Killer".

A Feddie Story

Offline Marcov

• Chicken Little
  • My Sig Is Spam
Google is your friend.

It's a game that involves FPS-style tank shooting. The variety of vehicles is probably a lot less than this one, but still a rather fun game.
With the rapid increase of FS fan-made campaigns, we're giving the GTVA a harder time with more violence and genocide.

~FreeSpace: The Battle of Endor (voice dub)~
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9K9-Y1JBTE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtQanXDRAXM
Part 3/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoBLKYt_oG0

Old (original) videos:
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ygskaoUtE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0uoPTksBlI

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Possible. I suspect this one is much better engineered however, as the hitboxes and the like are ultra-detailed to account for different armor thicknesses and slopes. (Though it seems to lack a proper appreciation for non-vertical slope.) It also probably offers significantly more variety within vehicles. The KV can currently be about three radically different tanks, depending on turret and weapons, for example.

(Also it's third/first variable.)

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Actual Dark Side: Wespe. SPGs are a lot fun.

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
US TDs are out tonight.

A Feddie Story

Offline Patriot

Played with em already :D

Have a T40, almost at M10 Wolverine :3

So far the early TDs kinda suck dick, they're like reg SPGs, but without the ability to fire OVER things(Yeah, you get a 75mm HOWITZER gun that only shoots HE and a 105mm later on)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
M18 Hellcat would be neat... Fastest tank of WWII. Not to mention that small silhouette...

:D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Played with em already :D

Have a T40, almost at M10 Wolverine :3

So far the early TDs kinda suck dick, they're like reg SPGs, but without the ability to fire OVER things(Yeah, you get a 75mm HOWITZER gun that only shoots HE and a 105mm later on)

Pfft, the Tier 2 has a Tier 4 derpgun and 51mm of frontal armor. It's a friggin' monster.

A Feddie Story

Offline Patriot

Got me Wolverine today, pretty beastly, currently have the first 76mm gun on it, soon i shall have ze second one :3

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
As of the time of this writing, I am 12k experience from researching my KV.  Finally.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I am slowly grinding out a Tiger, an M6, and excruciatingly slowly a GW Panther.

A Feddie Story

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Just got a King Tiger, grinding my way through the T-20 to the Pershing (and ultimately the Patton), and making an aimless slog through the Soviet tree. Hopefully the German tree will be reorganized relatively soon, so I can go for the Panther without having to go through the VK3001(H), VK3001(P) and VK3002(DB) to get there. :doubt:

That said, I highly recommend both the Panzer IV and the Tiger. Got them both to elite and working on the second crew specialization. The PzIV may be one ugly baby when equipped with the schmalturm turret, but I'll be damned if she isn't the best bloody sniper in the game.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Just started playing... basically the only tier 2 tank I have is the T-26.
A lot aimless charging around on maps with other noobs. :lol:

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Played this in closed and open beta. Eventually had a fully equipped KT and a nearly done VK. Game is pretty fun but there was a tons of wierdness going on with the spotting system. Tanks would just simply vanish in plain sight at occasions. Light tanks have absolutely no use in the game aside from being fast sucide vehicles because their sight is on average worse than that of the higher tier heavy tanks.

As Mefustae said, the PIV is pretty damn ugly fully equipped but its a really fun tank to play with. The Tiger was really lacking though (unless they buffed the damn thing in the mean time) but the KT on the other hand was easily my favorite tank.

Stopped playing because of the lack in gameplay variation. Playing random deathmatches all the time really becomes stale. Especially when you are placed on camp maps. Spend more time looking at my second screen browsing the internet than playing the game. Also didn't felt like regrinding through all the tanks again.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them