Author Topic: Favourite Moments in Blue Planet  (Read 5440 times)

Offline Raiden

• Vassago's Dirge fanboy
    • Ministry of Truth
Favourite Moments in Blue Planet
Age of Aquarius or War in Heaven R1.

The Blue Planet series has a lot of large and small moments that are epic, emotional and exciting. There's plenty of obvious great moments throughout the two mods but there's also some little things that might go under the rader.

Spoiler:
I'm in love with the moment near the end of Delenda Est, after the front wave is going for their suicidal attack to buy the Indus more time, how the music kicks when the three or four wings of fighters/bombers jump in. It just works so well because at that moment, you're kind of consumed with the massive ****-up that just happened  and the amount of people dying behind you. You're so far away you're not even really thinking you're in danger, and then BAM! Same soundtrack but a lot more intensity as you realise, 'Holy ****...this isn't over yet?!'  It really gives me goosebumps every time.

The intro of War in Heaven is one of the most epic moments in Freespace, even though you don't really see too much of the actual battle. I just remember when WiH released I was really in right mood for it and was dying to see the UEF-GTVA war. When the camera panned slowly over to Jupiter and you could see the beams streaking through the sky from miles away, I knew, I just knew, that **** was on.

There are loads of moments I could rant about but no one wants to hear that ****. What are your most emotional, most badass, most, dare I say it, intellectually stimulating parts of Blue Planet?

/logic/reason/faith/tradition/knowledge/rhythm/space/religion/
Currently Playing: Dead Space 3
Eagerly Awaiting: Titanfall
I write for god is in the tv. I blog at Ministry of Truth.

Re: Favourite Moments in Blue Planet
Spoiler:
AoA, when you're in the Nebula heading for the Sanctuary, and that Vishnan fighter passes off your prow. Then your dead wife and mother start talking to you. Gets me every time, and does a wonderful job at forcing you to examine everything that happens to Samuel after that.

EDIT: DAMMIT SPOON STOP TAUNTING US  :(
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 03:20:39 am by PsychoLandlord »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Mission 23
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Sunglare

Spoiler:
Wait... I guess that's not really a 'moment,' I guess the part I liked most was where the music builds and the Fedayeen jump in right where it climaxes. I also really liked the beginning of that dream mission in AoA where you fight the Lucifer. I like how you're just dropped into the middle of it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:52:23 pm by redsniper »
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Qent

One Perfect Moment.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Spoiler:
- I really loved AoA's return to Earth. When you first see it, scarred and glowing, lifeless... it just gets to me. And Taylor's voice acting and dialogue there really helped to bring the moment across.

- Flying honour guard for the Admiral's shuttle was also great. The dialogue there was definitely top-notch.

- Right after you stop the Lucifer in AoA and the Vishnans yell at you to leave and they say in that echoing voice "She... is coming." and the Sathanas warps in. When I saw that, I said out loud "Oh, I ****ing knew it!". Great moment, very immersive. Actually, come to think of it, I loved the Vishnans in general. Their voices, their ships, their role in the story. Really good.

-The exchange between the Shivans and Vishnans was also really well done. It gave voice to our most voiceless enemy yet heightened the mystery surrounding them. Really got me thinking.

I know I haven't mentioned anything of WiH, but that's because I'm waiting for the voice acted release to judge it properly.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Nuclear1

Spoiler:
The fiction viewer part with the Wardogs on leave on Mars.

The end of Delenda Est and the entirety of Sunglare.  Haven't been emotionally engaged in a FS campaign like that before.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline -Norbert-

Spoiler:
One great moment is "Lucifer", especially if you replace the music with the planetkiller theme.
Also when you go up against the SOC wing and Laporte, who started out as a bit unsure of herself suddenly goes "I can take them, just try to keep up".

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Aristia

Spoiler:
I have played this mission multiple times and perhaps more than any other in the mod. The mission starts with a cutscene and slowly builds up to an intense first encounter. The moment where the bloodletters make their attack is timed so well, the music picks up right when they clash with your wing. Balors blazing, flack speweing, Kentaurois looping,  a crazy furball faught with one goal in mind... get through. Given the context of the mission and the despiration of the UEF at this point, it is quite a thrilling moment.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
The two entire campaigns are full CMoA's.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
If I said
Spoiler:
Imperieuse entry
would people hate me?

• Buntu!
If I said
Spoiler:
Imperieuse entry
would people hate me?
Uhm no. I like the Imperieuse (and the Temeraire) despite gutting the Wargods.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:41:06 am by Deadly in a Shadow »
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Spoiler:
The part where Steele makes his entry and NONE of the UEF ships begin to immediately fire on it.

Despite ? I like that ship because of this :)

• Buntu!

Despite ? I like that ship because of this :)
;)

I liked those desperate-fighting-situations, because of those awesome battle cries.
Spoiler:
Especially the Renjian battle cry and Manuel Brie roaring: DESPERTA FERRO! We die as we live! On our bloody feet!.

Spoiler:
In this case, the entire Darkest Hour mission. The defense, the treb strike, I felt a bit desperate when those Diomedes corvette tried to gut the station and i was excited when the Indus arrived. I said "holy ****" when the damn Atreus appears and at last, I laughed when the Vikrant and Toureador arrived at the theatre of battle and shot the crap out of it while Steele calmly answers that he compliments the ambition of Calder and the jovians and that they will end the dance, but not today.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline -Norbert-

Not so much a favourite moment, but certainly one that rather shocked me was the "recommendation text" after Darkest Hour.

Spoiler:
There's a layer of soot on my ship, vaporized effluvia from the death of the Valerie. Some significant fraction of it is made of dead GTVA crewmen. When I climbed out of the cockpit I got it on my hands and my face and all over my flightsuit.

I haven't washed.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I haven't completed WiH yet, but this is one mission from AoA that really does it for me:
Spoiler:
I don't recall the mission name, but its the second-last full combat mission, where you have to take out the Sathanas.  By the mission description, one would expect it to be a hopeless engagement... one sub-Colossus class destroyer facing off against a Sathanas that hasn't been debeamed yet.  But thanks to the empowering dialogue provided by Samuel Bei and the way that more and more allied ships join in the engagement it turns a hopeless situation into a slam dunk.  Despite all the tension when it all starts, you can just feel the positive energy building until you feel nothing but invincible.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline -Sara-

Spoiler:
Seeing the GTD Imperieuse appear out of subspace while thinking "daaaamn, should have saved up some paveways".
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Raiden

• Vassago's Dirge fanboy
    • Ministry of Truth
Aristia

Spoiler:
I have played this mission multiple times and perhaps more than any other in the mod. The mission starts with a cutscene and slowly builds up to an intense first encounter. The moment where the bloodletters make their attack is timed so well, the music picks up right when they clash with your wing. Balors blazing, flack speweing, Kentaurois looping,  a crazy furball faught with one goal in mind... get through. Given the context of the mission and the despiration of the UEF at this point, it is quite a thrilling moment.

Yes, this is total genius. "Here they come, Wargods!"

I haven't completed WiH yet, but this is one mission from AoA that really does it for me:

Spoiler:
I don't recall the mission name, but its the second-last full combat mission, where you have to take out the Sathanas.  By the mission description, one would expect it to be a hopeless engagement... one sub-Colossus class destroyer facing off against a Sathanas that hasn't been debeamed yet.  But thanks to the empowering dialogue provided by Samuel Bei and the way that more and more allied ships join in the engagement it turns a hopeless situation into a slam dunk.  Despite all the tension when it all starts, you can just feel the positive energy building until you feel nothing but invincible.

That's cool, I never thought about it but yeah, I think you got the atmosphere right on. IIRC the music is also pumping away at that point.
/logic/reason/faith/tradition/knowledge/rhythm/space/religion/
Currently Playing: Dead Space 3
Eagerly Awaiting: Titanfall
I write for god is in the tv. I blog at Ministry of Truth.

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Spoiler:
AoA: The Orestes vs. Lucifer. 1st time you lose the Orestes, and when you finally manage to save it -
THE NIGHTMARE IS COMING, LEAVE, LEAVE! *blaaam*
You are dead :)

WiH: Testing blast doors by jamming an interceptor in them and firing up AB made my day :D I also loved how Admiral Lopez was the only human with a bit of humanity left in the whole GTVA armada