Author Topic: Admins Spam bot alert  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Shade

Re: Admins Spam bot alert
Thanks for the heads up - We're aware of the problem, and deleting them as they pop up (or as soon as we're online after they pop up).
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
...For future reference to any newbies here, there's a "report" button for a reason. Use it; threads such as this are not necessary.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Shade

Actually, the report button is for forum spambots. This is about wiki spambots. On the wiki though, it's simple for us to find them - All we need to do is check the recent changes list and look for unusual names.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Ah, my bad. Sorry about that.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I just registered here to raid a few gimp scripts and they have a simple question which is randomly selected like "are you a living, breathing human?" or "are you a spammer?"  I know these wont thwart a person setting up the spam but it might stall the bots to some degree.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Shade

Just had a couple more, which I got to a bit late. Thanks to The_Force and TopAce for removing the links and thus making sure the nefarious spam-plans were foiled until I finally noticed it.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Veritable storm of these blighters coming in past couple days. Any quick way to stop them that doesn't involve TopAce sitting at his computer all day?

don't allow registering until we can find a better solution
May the Force be with you

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
That'd be harsh. Well, today we had only two spambots, which isn't particularly high or hard to deal with. (It's just getting tiring)
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
At the moment, all registrations need admin approval. So while we had an easy day, the admins haven't.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
At the Wiki too?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I think not, given how much work you had over there.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns