Author Topic: Several Questions about 0.66 release.  (Read 3593 times)

Several Questions about 0.66 release.
There are two:

- Where is the advertised 1920*1080 resolution? It does not appear in the resolutions tab for some unexplained reason.
- Secondly, when I want to start a campagin, there are two campagins known as Carver 5: "Carver 5", and "Carver V Campaign". Do they differ? if so, which one is the one upgraded speffically for Mech Omnitech?

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
Re: Several Questions about 0.66 release.
Figured someone else would have answered already, so I'll chip in, now.

I actually haven't tried it to see what happens, but "Carver V Campaign" was the name for the original retail MC2 campaign, so I expected "Carver 5" to be the updated one, and that's the one I've always used.

The primary difference, if there is one(if not, compared to the retail campaign), is that newer Mechs are used instead of just the same old standbys of each faction. The improved AI also makes it a considerably different game than MC2 retail, though I'd expect if the "Carver 5 Campaign" is unaltered, the AI will still be better.

No idea on the resolution issue.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:29:20 pm by Timerlane »

Offline Wilmet

I also have a quick question: if I wanted to modify the carver V campaign to change some of the mech/vehicles the enemy uses, how would I do this? The .pak files are not apparently available for the editor, and playing around with the mission .fit files won't change it on its own... IIRC I once heard say that people had modified the carver V campaign by editing some files that were in the MC2 beta, but I don't suppose that would now work with the changes made already?  :confused:

Thanks for any kind of answer  ;)
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

- Where is the advertised 1920*1080 resolution? It does not appear in the resolutions tab for some unexplained reason.

The high level Resolutions are accessed through editing the options.cfg file in your install folder. Simply scroll down and change whatever number is there (3 is default) to a higher number. I believe 1920 x 1080 is the number 5.

I don't think any of the proper widescreen resolutions show up in the Res tab, as of yet.

Right. I started the 'Carver 5" Campaign. One thing htat bugs me is that I do not have any weapons, nor can I buy extra... (Extra weapons as in those individual component thingies. You know, as per MC1)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, purchase inventory only grows in time. Timberlane also created special purchase files. in our release they are more or less incomplete and limited. I think he posted in the release thread.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Timerlane

This post, here.

You won't have to restart the campaign; if stuff doesn't show up right away, just back out to the screen you see just before the mission briefing, then try going to the component purchase "shop", and the parts should show up.

Currently doing the carver V campaign, combined with those purchase thingies... In mission 4, where you need to take down that convoy and piss off house Liao, I can't purhase anything. No mechs, no components. Its a bit of a problem.

Offline Timerlane

I noticed that earlier(it's happened on that mission since the first Alpha build), and I believe this is the culprit:
Quote from: \data\campaign\carver5.fit
[Group3Mission0]
st FileName = "mc2_04"
b Mandatory = TRUE
st PurchaseFile = "Purchase04"
b PlayLogistics = TRUE
b PlaySalvage = FALSE
b PlayPilotPromotion = TRUE
b PlayPurchasing = FALSE
b PlaySelection = TRUE
I don't know if they originally did it on purpose for some reason, or if it was just accidentally changed while they were disabling the after-mission salvage screen for all the missions(I can certainly understand how easy it is to have a little slip while doing repetitive tasks like that).

You can try editing that to replace that particular 'FALSE' with 'TRUE'.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:25:03 pm by Timerlane »

Ah yes... Why was the salvage screen disabled, by the way?

EDIT: Oh, the last mission mentioned that I had found a pulse laser cache. But I can not find any pulse lasers in my inventory or for purchase.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:06:29 am by -Joshua- »

Hmm. I think I can make al ist of bugs I have encountered so far.

• In Mission 3 (Convoy Capture), not all hostiles have to be destroyed in order for the *destroy all hostiles at the gaurd post* objective to be completed.
  • In Mission 4, with the new purchase .fit files, the pulse lasers are not available, even though they were captured in M3
  • In MIssion 4, the purchasing of new components and mechs is greyed out.
  • The Bushwacker BSW-E1 has jump jets, and those jump jets can not be removed.
  • Ocassionally, when mechs jump, and fall, they jump again, straight towards the sky, only to crash again.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:05:20 am by -Joshua- »

Offline Timerlane

Ah yes... Why was the salvage screen disabled, by the way?
I don't know with absolute certainty, but one issue is that it was a very consistent way to earn free money. You buy all the dead 'Mechs at below market value, they get auto-repaired for free, then you sell off the ones you don't want at full price.

I'm going to look into the pulse laser issue there; they're in the purchase file for Mission 4, but maybe I missed something...

EDIT: After editing the campaign file as above to enable purchasing for Mission 4, I can see the pulse lasers in the shop. I suspect that if you were to start over and get to Mission 4 again, everything would be fine. I suspect the shop can get temporarily 'stuck' at times, when one tries to change things mid-stream like that.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:18:52 am by Timerlane »