Author Topic: Halo Reach  (Read 1260 times)

I've been incredibly burned out on the Halo franchise for a while now, but my Mom got me Reach for my birthday last year. Did anyone else freak out when they got to the space combat mission?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPmkxo-cc4I

I wonder if they ever considered turning this into a full game.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Yeah it was pretty fun. Damn, I wish FSO could look as good as that.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Reach had some solid gameplay but was really brought down by ****ty writing, small encounter size compared to previous Halo games, and a truly godawful Skinner Box player investment system that rendered even the most fun task a chore.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:03:09 pm by General Battuta »

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I put my head in my hands in disgust because Bungie can't even keep their own canon straight, and doesn't even try. "No shields on ships lulz we just haz them on mjolnir armr fir humans" and then Reach has them on a fighter, which admittedly makes more sense than on a suit of armour, but contradicts a lot of their previous canon. And let's not get started on the Covenant this time around, and how ****ing stupid the reason they managed to invade Reach is.

I think the old thread was plenty filled with us *****ing about this.

Edit:

Snap GB
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah it was really weird playing it and seeing all this stuff that had never been in the Halo universe. Cloaking fields, 'impulse drives', all this strange stuff.

Then it turned out they'd brought in a new writer so that's why.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Great soundtrack tho! I listen to that frequently.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

I enjoyed everything about Reach, save for the story, though fortunately for me after the third game I had vowed never to pay any real attention to the story in a Halo game ever again (though ODST was a bit of a pleasant surprise in that regard).

It was the first Halo title since the original I actually enjoyed on consecutive playthroughs.

Offline Hades

It was the first Halo title since the original I actually enjoyed on consecutive playthroughs.
Yeah, the first was the best Halo, in my opinion. ODST was pretty good too.

Sad thing is though, if you've seen a lot of the cut content from Halo 2, it looked like it was going to be a really good game. Sadly, due to technical issues and reaching time limits, they instead gave us the Halo 2 we have.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Eight months later, I still play it.  That's more than can be said of quite a few games.

Though I'll be honest and say one of the larger contributing factors to that is the Commendations system.  I just have to get them.

Offline Hades

Eight months later, I still play it.  That's more than can be said of quite a few games.

Though I'll be honest and say one of the larger contributing factors to that is the Commendations system.  I just have to get them.
It could just have something to do with the person instead of the game
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL