Author Topic: Paneled version of Y wing?  (Read 7834 times)

Paneled version of Y wing?

I hope the paneled/armored version of the Y wing is made. That was my intent on pulling back that thread from 2009.
It seems I was misunderstood. It wouldn't hurt to have some variation on the Y wings available.
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: Paneled version of Y wing?
I did some research, you asked for an armored variant on Feb 2009 that was on page 7 of what was until recently a 9 page thread.  So basically two plus years and 53 replies later you figured folks could automagically deduce what you meant from:

"Just a reminder for brandx0"

Not to be an complete ass but
:wakka:
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

From which novel, comic or game is this panaled version if I may ask? It's the first time that I hear about that one.
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
When I saw that bump I originally thought the request was for the BTL-B variant used in the Clone Wars.

From which novel, comic or game is this panaled version if I may ask? It's the first time that I hear about that one.
Not the first time for me. My memories about it are a bit fuzzy because it was a long time ago (in this galaxy however), but I think that canonically, the paneled of the Y wing was the original one, but was dropped for some reason by the rebels (possibly because it was faster to modify when unpaneled).

Again, I don't recall where this is supposed to come from, but I'm 70% sure the paneled version is EU canon. Gotta ask my brother next time I see him.

It's from the cross-section book of star wars ships.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
*Ahem...

It's been done before, it might be done again.

:D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I wondered how long it would take for someone to dig that up.  Didn't want to spoil the scavenger hunt for someone though.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Aw if you're going to dig up my old work, at least dig up the finished version! hehe

Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Thank you Brandx0. Seems I missed this somehow.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 03:11:01 pm by GT-Keravnos »
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Aw if you're going to dig up my old work, at least dig up the finished version! hehe

Oh God, I LOVE that old model! I can't wait 'till you can redo that beauty!

Forgive me if I or someone else has already asked this before, but were you planning on creating the old BTL-B model? She's a sexy beast, too. :p
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
That is the old model?
I don't think it needs redoing.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
while the model is awesome, it certainly needs redoing. As this one was destroyed a while back together with other Alliance and Imperial ships as well as Brands HDD.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Well then.
I think that the current Y-W could be modified a bit to make a model for this version.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It takes a bit more than a small modification.  A large chunk of the ship at least had to be replaced, as the Y-wing we know from the movies doesn't actually fit within the paneled version.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Yeah, I think this time around though I'll make it fit.  Toy around a little bit with the paneling so that it's actually a shell without bits poking out of it from the internals
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Yeah, I think this time around though I'll make it fit.  Toy around a little bit with the paneling so that it's actually a shell without bits poking out of it from the internals

Am I the only one who gets shivers when he thinks of what this and destroyable subsystems could achieve? You could blow panels of a Y-Wing!
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline newman

Am I the only one who gets shivers when he thinks of what this and destroyable subsystems could achieve?

Yep.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb