Author Topic: Clear Skies - Machinima Par Excellence  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Clear Skies - Machinima Par Excellence
"Clear Skies is a machinima series created by Ian Chisholm, that is based on the fictional universe of the game Eve Online. The first film was released on May 29, 2008, followed by two sequels in 2009 and 2011."

This is mostly going to be wiki-pasta, but I thought I'd inform people about an excellent series of Machinima comprised of THREE nearly-feature-length movies made using a combination of Half Life 2 and EVE online.

This is a summary of the plot of the first one, and the rest are all tied into the events of it and each other:

"The plot follows the crew of the Minmatar Tempest class battleship Clear Skies as they try to make a living in New Eden. The story begins with the ship's captain, John Rourke, negotiating the price of repairs for the ship at a space station, presumably following a pirate attack. The repairs leave them out of cash and looking for a new contract. Rourke finds a contract to transport Mr Smith - "an idiot in a shiny suit" - a short distance through the fringes of normally safe Empire space, with an unusually high payout. The crew grudgingly accepts what they are convinced is a death trap ..."

Trailer for the first

Get all three films here (The first two are under the Downloads tab)

Oh, prepare for a glut of British accents which you might have some problems with at first. The cinematic and sound quality steadily increases all three films, with the third (and possibly final :( ) being the best.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:45:29 am by Ravenholme »
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: Clear Skies - Machinima Par Excellence
It also takes forever to update, because it's that quality. :P

I wonder if anyone's ever made machinima using just the EVE ships. It'd be a lot easier.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Re: Clear Skies - Machinima Par Excellence
It also takes forever to update, because it's that quality. :P

I wonder if anyone's ever made machinima using just the EVE ships. It'd be a lot easier.

The third (and final, probably) just got released. It's EXCELLENT.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp