Author Topic: [WIP] Wings of Dawn: The Glorious Revolution  (Read 14059 times)

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Re: [WIP] WoD: The Glorious Revolution
Of course, it does.

Ugh, I most make an update.

Progress goes on. Missions run more or less fine and stuff is blowing up well. One thing that is now done is, frankly, the balancing. The basic balancing of the new Zy ships and their weapons. The problem was that the weapons were suited for use in WoD 2 which must be a fete for every pyromaniac if the other species improved their weapons like the Zy did.
However, these weapons are now used in a time of enslavement. An Archon was (before the balancing) able to blow up an Armageddon (if flank'd and the light beams down) in a short matter of time. However, the Hertak were known for decreasing awesomeness of the weapons. I really liked the way the weapons and the ships were. They just kicked everyone's ass and the Glorious Revolution would turn into a Magnificent beam-spam-overkill revolution. Unfortunately, this isn't going to happen in GR, or rather said, not at the start of the campaign.
Uh well, that doesn't mean that the weapons are not asskicking...

But it makes more sense now. An Armageddon's not being destroyed due to overpowered weapons. However, the ZGF Archon, the ship making up the bulk of the Guardian Fleets, is at any rate superior than it's Co'dori and Nordera counterparts. And it can do some heavy damage to the Armageddon. The Fura'ngle however were never meant to be an enemy in the campaign, aside from a few examples.

Another important thing was the "Zy-vs-LSF" balancing. It works pretty well. The Zy are technologically superior than the LSF, but the terrans counter with: Evil missiles, elite squadrons, cool fighters, the Prometheus Frame and...Luna. Yes, that one Cyrvan girl who is actually the most awesome Cyrvan ever.

I already wrote some Intel. Take a look!

Spoiler:
The Collapse of the Zy Empire and the beginning of "The Age of Enslavement"

The Empire of the Zy met it's twilight with the arrival of the Hertak (sometimes referred as "Bastards"). With most of the Imperial Fleet escaping, the Fura'ngle being forced to attack their best friends, the outcome of this war was clear. The 2nd and the 3rd Guardian Fleet, voluntarily remaining behind, managed to distract the Hertak and their slaves for three entire weeks, before tremendously damaged capital ships and high casualities overcame fighting spirit and an undestrucable morale. The once so glorious and powerful fleets were stripped of most of their power, leaving only one Basileus and a few Archons for each fleet. The empire was down and the warriors are now enslaved nomads, drifting in space with nothing more than a memory of their home. Somewhat shocking but also satisfying were the news about the Home Fleet. They disappeared. The Hertak, still being incited about the courageous resistance the two fleets (who weren't even at full strength) put up, searched months for the fleet. The fact that the Home Fleet made an escape raised the morale, but where did they go? Can we reach them when the time has come?

The Zy participated in their fate. The civilians were brought to several Fura'ngle planets where they can take refuge, the military instead continued their service. To the Hertak. Hoping that the Home Fleet arrives and takes merciless revenge.
After ten years of slavery, the Zy managed to return to a strength slightly below the restrictions of the Hertak. Officially. During these ten years, the Zy, the Fura'ngle and the Co'dori conspirated against the Hertak and all of their servants. Soon it was clear that a "military arm" was required. Political and economical means were insufficient. Therefore the COC, the Conspiracy Operations Command was founded. But this wasn't the only step to a possible revolution. Even before the formation of the COC, the enslaved species managed to ignore the rules given by the Hertak and improved technology and weapons further. Ironically, the Hertak never seemed to take that much interest in finding resistance groups, and they never took attention to any weapon technology used by their slaves. This led, for example, into further improvement of the Homing Laser System used by the Archons and the Basileus-Flagship.
Unfortunately, the Zy were up to themselves. The Co'dori were highly anxious of their beloved queen and the Fura'ngle don't have the fighting courage. Both races are afraid of extermination if the Hertak ever find out of the COC. The Zy instead, have lost everything. In a life that only lasts around 50 to 60 years, you won't be that much afraid of death, especially as a pilot. And rumours say that Hertak flesh is really delicious...
It's time for a glorious revolution.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 02:42:50 pm by Deadly in a Shadow »
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Megassssuuuu pews there (is there such a thing as a Dakka limit in WoD?)
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

• Buntu!
I don't think so. You can ask Spoon if there will be anything like that :lol:
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
About 700 projectiles at a time, like always.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I don't think so. You can ask Spoon if there will be anything like that :lol:
You should have seen me cursing and swearing on irc a while back about how 10 capital ships in one mission would utterly crush the freespace engine, freezing up my entire pc (needed to hard reboot) because the projectile/beam limit was reached  :p

Liking the screens&intel!  :yes:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
 :eek2: Purple... I like purple.  Needs more purple.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Glorious Revolution means Glorious Beamspam.  I approve. :yes:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline starlord

Re: [WIP] Wings of Dawn: The Glorious Revolution
basileus?

• Buntu!
basileus?
The Basileus is the "Flagship-class" used by the Zy. I don't know what exact role it has in WoD II.

What I can say is, that this thing has a LOT of firepower. I hope that Spoon will put that thing into glorious combat (and killing a lot of space-elves too).
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline starlord

wait! the zy against the cyrvan? that won't end well!

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I can't believe I wasn't aware of this project!

I wholeheartedly support this  :yes: :yes:
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

• Buntu!
We're coming from the dark...purple mist. This is for you bigchunk :P

The campaign's current length is now 15 missions. Some of theses missions are still in work, but they are already playable. The other missions are almost done.
I'm still wondrous how many missions I will create for GR. And now I really want to create some nebula missions. Everything looks so fancy now...
Oh and there's a new Nordera ship. Thank you very much Andrew :yes:

Still having fun with texture replacing around.

I can't believe I wasn't aware of this project!

I wholeheartedly support this  :yes: :yes:
Good to know! Thank you. ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 08:06:25 am by Deadly in a Shadow »
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I bet that Fura'ngle with the golden orb is feeling very important!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
NEW NORDERA SHIP!? GOOD!! NOW WE CAN SMASH AND BOOM ENEMIES BETTER!!! YAAAAARRGH!!
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"