Author Topic: game freezes at mission briefing - graphics problem  (Read 1524 times)

Offline badas

game freezes at mission briefing - graphics problem
hi. i've got problem with Freespace 2 SCP. When i click 'commit' in mission briefing i hear only audio, i can control the ship, fire and stuff but there is no graphics at all, i still see mission briefing screen freezing. i've tried different resolutions (open gl and direct3d) and features turn on and off, but nothing helps. this happen in 16-bit color depth, when i switch to 32-bit game just crashes. and another thing - i used to have windows vista home edition and then i could play F2 SCP with the same version and installer in high resolution. now i have windows xp proffesional (32bit) and i cannot play the game with this problem. i can see ships in tech room. freespace 2 without SCP runs just fine. when i tried play in debug mode game crashes no matter what.

my computer: laptop lenovo n500
windows xp pro 32-bit Service Pack 3
intel pentium dual core t3400 2.16 ghz
4 gb ram (in windows only 3 gb ram)
graphics card: mobile intel 4 series GMA x4500mhd (integrated) - i know - its crap. lastest drivers installed.

F2 SCP:
flags:
Freespace2\fs2_open_3_6_10.exe -mod MediaVPs -spec -glow -env -mipmap -nomotiondebris -missile_lighting -normal -3dshockwave -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -ballistic_gauge -ship_choice_3d -weapon_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -snd_preload  -ambient_factor 35 -ogl_spec 20 -spec_exp 15 -spec_point 1.2 -spec_static 1.5 -spec_tube 1.5

version:
fs2 open launcher 5.5e
fs2 open 3.6.10 - its older version, but used to work in vista!

i attach files in zip that may help find you whats wrong with fs2_open.log.

Thank You for Your help!

ps. sorry for my english

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: game freezes at mission briefing - graphics problem
I am sorry, we cannot really help you. You need to upgrade your FSO exe to 3.6.12, and your mediavps to the same version. You are using stuff that is two years old; I cannot tell whether you found a new bug, or just hit an old one that we have fixed already.

New executable version can be found here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=70692.0
Current developer version (which I would recommend to use): http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=76717.0

New MediaVPs: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=70736.0
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline badas

ok, i figure this out :D
i use default FS2 (all features off) from easy setup from launcher and played the game. it runs smoothly. everything works perfect. then i use 'all features on' from easy setup and game crashes. so the problem somewhere there. by the metod of trial and error i finally figured, that problem was in environment maps. simply uncheck this box, and game will run properly. i can now enjoy the game! :D

oh, btw. what is default settings for F2 SCP in features window (in laucher)? because even when i choose 'all features on' and uncheck 'enable environment maps'  i dont have 3d radar and i remember that it was very useful. yes, i know that it can be turn on in HUD menu, but i was wondering what other options didn't turn on ... ?

ps. thank you for the links The E, but downloading new version of MediaVPs would exceed my transfer in my mobile internet :D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:19:54 am by badas »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Nevertheless, you should get the new exes. As for the radar, you need to look in the Launcher's gameplay features.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns