Author Topic: New Weapon FX for FSPort-MediaVPs  (Read 3725 times)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
New Weapon FX for FSPort-MediaVPs
Title mostly says it all...  I didn't think the weapon effects in the FSPort-MediaVPs were up to modern standards, so I made some of my own new ones to replace them.  I originally made these for the Twist of Fate mod, but I decided to release them separately.  Feel free to steal/use/abuse these in your own mods, but please give me credit if you do so.

http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/Talon-FSPWFX.7z
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Kolgena

Re: New Weapon FX for FSPort-MediaVPs
Oh sweet. Any screenshots, since I can't try these out myself?

Hopefully the Prometheus doesn't look like it shoots balloons anymore.

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
And here are some screenshots of the new effects...

ML-16:

Disruptor:

Avenger:

Banshee:

VLL-9/Vasudan Light Laser:

Training Laser:

And yes, Prometheus blasts don't look like balloons anymore.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:04:37 am by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Ugh. The muzzle effect when firing all of them is way too big, really needs to be scaled down. The color of most of the muzzles doesn't actually match the color of the fired projectile.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Kolgena

Maybe it's just the angle, but the first four look like they lack individuality.

Could you post shots of a first-person perspective as well? Since that's what a player will see most of the time anyways.

I can't really remember what the FSPort effects look like now, but these aren't bad if you do what Hades said.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Ugh. The muzzle effect when firing all of them is way too big, really needs to be scaled down. The color of most of the muzzles doesn't actually match the color of the fired projectile.

The muzzle flashes are stock mediavps effects, so blame the mediavps for them.

I personally think the VLL-9 and ML-16 are too saturated, I'd suggest using the modified ones I did for Twist of Fate instead. But then again that may be just due to my first and most powerful memories of FS1 being playing the demo in software rendering, where everything was kind of washed out.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta