Author Topic: PCS2 crash on rescaling a model  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
PCS2 crash on rescaling a model
PCS2 crashes to desktop every time I try to rescale this model (1.5 times) or export it to .DAE : http://www.mediafire.com/?37qjbhzac3xn280
Confirmed both with edited version (Wildcat) and Scooby's original (Lynx). The same thing happens with Scooby's Medusa.
Could somebody download it and confirm (and if it happens only to me, could he also upload the rescaled version)?

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Re: PCS2 crash on rescaling a model
I was able to rescale the model by 1.5 and export it to DAE without it crashing...  Although I was using the February 19 build.

EDIT: March 6 (BSP) build also works.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
That's what I'm using (or I think so).
Could you post the rescaled versions?

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Now it also crashes on Dauntless (which I once rescaled). Running as administrator didn't solve the problem. There's definitely something wrong with the latest build. I'm running it on Vista, all updates installed. NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT .

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I have had issues with something similar, though i don't know if rescaling is involved but i have had several instances where saving to DAE has resulted in corrupted files
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It seems to be a similar thing, I've managed to export Dauntless to .DAE and .COB, but I couldn't reimport neither (PCS2 crashed).
Also, any attempts to transform it (even translate) cause a crash.
Does anybody knows what is going on? It's the only program that can rescale POF models, and it's broken.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Provide a model.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I've done this in the first post.
http://www.mediafire.com/?71q88s77wrxjzu4
There's the model on which I've done most of my testing.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
It doesn't crash for me. The rescale doesn't affect the radius override though.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It seems that the crash is somehow related to BSP code, as models which now crash PCS2 also had missing polygons when rescaled with earlier version. Rescaling these models with polygons already missing crashes PCS2, regardless of the version used. Rescaling models which never had such issues works well.
Also, I found that these models crash PCS2 also upon opening and closing "proporties" window.

On my old computer, rescaling worked fine both in BSP and normal builds.
I'm attaching a model about which I'm sure had holes after rescaling without BSP code, as well as rescaled (by 1.5) version with holes. Both of them crash both versions of PCS2 when trying to rescale them.

[attachment deleted by ninja]