Author Topic: More transparency weirdness  (Read 1672 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
More transparency weirdness
So, Woolie asked me if I could convert a few models for him for use in Wings. Sure, I said, no problem. And for the most part it wasn't.

However, this model here is giving me weird issues. I am trying to get the cockpit glass transparency to work correctly, but no matter what I do, the end result is more often than not weirdness. Sometimes the cockpit glass disappears into the model, sometimes it is being duplicated. I have tried every combination of detail0-trans node IDs and positions in the model tree I could think of, and none of it has worked. If anyone of you has any ideas on how to solve this, it would be greatly appreciated.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Re: More transparency weirdness
From what I can see, the model wasn't centered properly; the detail0 object has a location offset (should be at 0,0,0), and the detail0-trans object centre has a different location (it should have the same centre as detail0). With these things fixed, the model I get is attached - the glass looks alright to me now.

(In my version, debris removed, subojects misnamed, but that's beside the issue)

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: More transparency weirdness
Thanks for that. All fixed now.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me