Author Topic: Game doesn't load beyond hangar.  (Read 938 times)

Game doesn't load beyond hangar.
I've been dealing with this for about 3 months now. 

I can get freespace 2 to load only as far as the main hangar.  when I select to start the missions or choose the tech room the game acts like it's loading but after one bar it crashes to a white screen.

It started doing this out of the blue...

All my drivers in my ati radion hd3870's are up to date.  I've been able to play on this machine fine...
At first I thought it was my install which was the old "abandonware" version.
Then I downgraded my video drivers...
Then i even reformated my HD, reinstalled windows 7 ultimate and did a fresh install of FSO...
I've seen this issue here but haven't found an answer... PLease help... I miss Freespace.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Game doesn't load beyond hangar.
Doesn't look like a crash to me... What happens if you wait for a bit? FSO generally goes unresponsive during level load; this is intended behaviour. Basically, when Windows tells you that FSO has become unresponsive, just let it load for a bit.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Re: Game doesn't load beyond hangar.
It didn't used to do that.  In fact it would load the entire levels rather quickly on my machine.  And it only does it if I try to play the game more than once during a particular boot of my pc.  If I shut if off and back on it works fine...  When it stops loading it goes to a white screen and seconds later tells me the game has to be shut down.