Author Topic: Kotaku Again  (Read 3020 times)

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
You guys got mentioned, off handedly... but a mention, in another Kotaku article today.

http://kotaku.com/5845927/finally-play-a-battlestar-galactica-game-that-does-what-the-show-did-best/gallery/
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I just hope no one reads that as saying that Diaspora has stopped development. I know that the article was referring to other mods mentioned earlier but it could easily be misunderstood that way.

Still, any publicity is good.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
They definitely just said you guys weren't doing any work.  :nono:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Not really. I did read it that way the first time I scanned through the page though.

Unlike many of that first batch of mods we showed you last year, this one is actually being worked on, a lot, and there are playable builds available for download and testing (it's still in beta) at the link below.

They mentioned 4 mods last year. So if several of them seem to be dead or not being worked on, that statement can be true without referring to Diaspora even before we consider that Diaspora doesn't have anything playable released yet.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Maybe we should contact them for clarification and get them to update the dang trailer from 2 to 4 while were at it.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline docfu

I wouldn't worry about it.

Nobody is gonna complain if they think your project is dead and then you release a totally awesome game that blows everything else out of the water.

I'm sure if/when Diaspora is done it'll get mentioned on some major news sites, like redd!t and the site will get tons of publicity.

The last thing anyone needs though is more people holding their breath and getting their hopes up.