Author Topic: Guide to the Just Another Day Series  (Read 8250 times)

Offline Axem

Guide to the Just Another Day Series

Just Another Day is a series of parody campaigns based on FreeSpace and other related Sci-Fi aspects. Just Another Day 1, 2 and 3 feature the unfazeable Alpha 1 and FRED, god of this universe as they fight for truth, justice and the proper way campaigns should be made.

The Just Another Day 2.2 series features the fun loving Holley as she fights the evil Beta Testers that threaten to take over the JADverse.

Here's how the timeline works and what order you should play the campaigns in for maximum funnitude.

Shadows of Kraken

(0th Chronologically, You should play this: Never)

Shadows of Kraken was my very first released campaign. To preserve my integrity, I can only call this a stealth parody. I allow you to download this, only for you to see that even someone who gets a lot of credit for his FREDding, made an awful first campaign.

Operation Ressurection

(0.5th Chronologically, You should play this: 4th)

This was an April Fool's campaign done by Holley. She worked real hard on it and even tested it more than once! Technically this takes place before JAD, but probably has more to do with JAD2.2.

Just Another Day

(1st Chronologically, You should play this: 1st)

The first real parody campaign I released, hot on the coat tails of Deus ex Machina! Alpha 1 ventures into a mysterious Knossos, only to find himself in a dimension where some guy named FRED is god. Hilarity ensues! This is the one with Disco Inferno, the Grammar Inquisition and Derek Smart. This was later rereleased for 3.6.12 mediavps as part of the Collector's Edition.

Just Another Day 2: Electric Boogaloo

(2nd Chronologically, You should play this: 2nd)

The sequel! Alpha 1 continues to save the universe, this time from zombie fighters, Bosch clones and the mysterious FRED2. This is the one with YMCA, Noob Squad and the Temporal Loop. This was later rereleased for 3.6.12 mediavps as part of the Collector's Edition.

Just Another Day 2.21: You Are (Not) Alpha 1

(3rd Chronologically, You should play this: 5th)

With FRED banished to another dimension, Alpha 1 takes a vacation. What could possibly go wrong? Disgruntled Beta Testers try to take over the universe? Oh. Well we got some spunky young go getters that might be able to fight them off. This is the one with all the anime jokes, Eat It, and a ton of cutscenes.

Just Another Day: Xtreme Arcade

(Nebulously Placed Chronologically, You should play this: 6th)

Who needs a story to have high octane fun blowing up giant bosses or millions of metric tons of drones? JAD:XA is a small release focused on the pure gameplay of JAD2.2 and beyond. Duel a boss, partake in a drone turkey shoot, race around a hostile arena, or fly a gauntlet with (potentially) infinite enemies chasing you down!

Just Another Day 2.22: You Can (Not) Win
(4th Chronologically, You should play this: When its out)

Holley and friends continue to fight the Beta Testers. Little do they know that there are larger forces at work. This is currently being worked on.

Just Another Day 3: Shivans on a Plane

(5th Chronologically, You should play this: 3rd)
Alpha 1 returns to rid the galaxy of the ultimate foe! Shivans. On a plane. ...Assuming they decide to show up in time. Can Alpha 1 defeat the greatest foe of them all? This is the one with Terran Frakking Command, Jack Thompson and Stayin' Alive. This was later rereleased for 3.6.12 mediavps as part of the Collector's Edition.

Just Another Day Christmas Special
(Who knows Chronologically, You should play this: At least after JAD1)
Alpha 1 tries to save Christmas from the evil FRED! This is just a single mission. This was later rereleased for 3.6.12 mediavps as part of the Collector's Edition.

Vassago's Dirge

It's not part of the JAD verse, but you'll be glad you played it anyway. It's got great music and some freaky things happening!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:51:04 am by Axem »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Guide to the Just Another Day Series
Because I played all of these I now have a hot girlfriend and an awesome sports car.
Thanks Axem!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Because I played all of these I now have a hot girlfriend and an awesome sports car.

Pics or it didn't happen.  :nervous:
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I see that Just Another Day Forever isn't listed here. Did JAD 2.2 spawn from that?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Axem

Not really. JAD2.2 came from the idea of what happens when Alpha 1 isn't around.

In any case, the "tale" of JAD4 can be seen here.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I recall seeing a JAD4 page on your old site. That one was all text, but it was still a rather interesting read.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I wish to hear the stories of ald, of JAD gone by and JAD yet to pass........

Please Axem, regale us with new JAD chronicles......
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Luis Dias

Wait, there were actual *stories* with things like "chronology" and so on involved in any of this?

Wait, what?

:D

Offline Axem

To the untrained eye, JAD is a cluster of unrelated missions and random jokes. But to the rest, there is an entirely different story wrought with subtext and hidden meanings.

JAD2.22 will reveal all and tie everything together in an ending that could only be described as...

Spoiler:
Axem's off his meds