Author Topic: Noobs troubles with 3.6.12 Mediavps  (Read 1447 times)

Noobs troubles with 3.6.12 Mediavps
          I bet theres something simple Im missing but anyway.....
The older Vps work just fine but since I saw that Blue planet uses these newer ones than I installed em.
Trouble is I noticed the graphics are retail version, when I switch back to older vps (3.6.10) then of course graphics are shined up again.
Entered this flag    (-ambient_factor 35 -ogl_spec 20 -spec_exp 15 -spec_point 1.2 -spec_static 1.5 -spec_tube 1.5)     As instructions....instruct.
       I have the folder mediavps_3612 in Freespace2 directory.....

feel like im not elaborating enough but the instructions for these vps seemed pretty straightforward so like I said before Im sure there`s something simple I`m missin

Oh yeah and I checked out the FAQ and saw the one bout 3.6.10 vps and to reselect them under MOD, however this does nothing for my problem

Offline Qent

Re: Noobs troubles with 3.6.12 Mediavps
You'll need to post a debug log. Here are instructions on how to do so.

dont know a lot bout code tags
sorry bout that thought it might be a simple fix ya know...something obvious like when I first got FSO I didnt put the launcher in the directory.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

The vps aren't getting loaded, instead however...

Code: [Select]
Searching root 'C:\Games\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\' ... 34 files Whoa, I get nowhere near that amount  :ick:

Could you post a list of the files in mediavps_3612? Is there a mod.ini file there?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well, the problem is more that there's nothing there for the game to read.

Did you follow the install instructions found here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=70736.0 precisely?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Ah didnt download right file...thought the top one had every file I needed, I`m very sorry bout that, and thank you for the replys.