Author Topic: From a Newcomer's Perspective  (Read 2249 times)

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
From a Newcomer's Perspective
Hey all. It seems that you guys are doing great with the number of models and versions out there. But suppose I'm someone new (and I am!), and I want to download MechCommander Omnitech: do I download the Alpha version or the 143 one? Do I need both to play, or are they separate? It'd help a lot if there can be a "How To" sticky. And keep up the good work! :D

Re: From a Newcomer's Perspective
You want to download the one with the highest number.  I think that is 143 at the moment but Im not sure.  If you check the stickies the thread will be called "MCO Version ###" and all the downloads will be there. 

Find the version with the highest number in that thread and download it.  Also in that thread is a link to Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (x86) redistributable which you will also need to download and install.  after installing both of those the game will run correctly.
If you plan on making new maps or some other stuff (I don't know b/c I don't do it) you will need to download XNABuildSetup.exe.  That file can be found in the same thread.
If you would like to play some non default campaigns go to the MCO campaigns thread and download the campaigns it will download an installer.  Install the campaigns in your default MCO directory and you can then play the new campaign.

Enjoy

Offline SypheDMar

Alright. Just wondering, though, what is Alpha vers. 0.66?

Offline Patriot

That would be an older version IIRC

Offline SypheDMar

I see. I was confused because it was also stickied. Maybe it should be destickified in case it might confuse anyone else? Just a suggestion.