Author Topic: [WIP] The Llightning Marshal [updated] - Testers needed  (Read 7541 times)

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
Re: [WIP] The Llightning Marshal - Testers needed
the Lightning Marshal 1 and 2 are fairly bad campaigns
yes they are, in their original shape they have lots of bugs and balancing from hell - they should be of decent quality now, not great, but ok enough.
thats the main reason i will not change the cruisers back to corvettes, lm2 works now, doing it was a pain in the neck, rebalancing all 3 missions would be required to change the ships back, and thats simply a waste of some 5 hours of lifetime, only because someone 10 years back placed corvettes instead of cruisers
if anybody else wants to change it, fine with me, but i don't think there is any gain in doing so
I do think that the effort would be better spent on restoring other campaigns than these, especially The Lightning Marshal 3, which is fully voice acted and is a good campaign.
i have already started with lm3, although not past mission one till now, the campaign is full of bugs too, but of a very different kind than lm 1 and 2
lots of voice files are not assigned, and for some strange reason messages sometimes do not appear although they are coded in (i had this bug in lm2 too, now that was a nasty one to fix)
the campaign as such seems to be working far better than the others indeed (edit: or so i thought, well, i admit, i was wrong   :mad: )
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:47:13 pm by fightermedic »
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline fightermedic

Re: [WIP] The Llightning Marshal - Testers needed
a little heads up: in the last days i reworked all the missions of lm3, and i have to say, never again in my live do i want to align that many completely akward named sound files - what a mess!
the rest was mostly bug fixing and balancing - no major changes in this campaign
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline fightermedic

Re: [WIP] The Llightning Marshal [updated] - Testers needed
another heads up:
i have updated the first post with the completely reworked campaign
the problems with lm2 remain unsolved - but there shouldn't be too much wrong with lm3 and 4 now
(and believe me - it has been A LOT of work  :shaking: )
this is how i for one would prefer to see the campaign released... (apart from the still misssig voice acting and any bugs or balancing issues that might still be in, of course)

if any human being reading this wants to voice act a bit for this campaign, i'm more than happy to send him/her the lines of any desired character :nervous:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 06:31:36 pm by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<