Author Topic: most recent pcs2 source  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
most recent pcs2 source
i just got me a better compiler (not express!) and was thinking i would give another go at making pcs2 builds (potentially adding features in the process). i cant seem to find kazan's git server nor can i find any other sources. also i want the most recent sources available, including all the most recent features. im not sure if these have been merged into kazan's codebase or not. can haz?
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Re: most recent pcs2 source
It lives at git://alliance.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/alliance/PCS2 and as of a few minutes ago it's up to date.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
resolving dependencies is fun!
dont let em see u cry, that only lets em win

got collodadom to recognize.
despite having both wx and boost in my code dir they dont seem to work. so im gonna assume i need to update those libs to their newest versions and see what happens.

*edit*
think i got boost resolved, my wx is kinda out of date.

*derp*
you have to actually build wx

*wtf*
im getting to that give up phase
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 11:28:36 am by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
That's why it's much easier to build on Linux.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
well im not switching oses just to build it. :P
switching compilers (i have vc6 somewhere, but prefer to use a more modern compiler) is actually a better option for me right now.

i upgraded to vc10 professional and i thought that would be enough to compile it (like i can compile fred now). but i guess not. if you can produce a complete list of dependencies with version numbers maybe i could make it work. right now im just downloading libraries as the compiler produces errors that they are missing, i have no idea what versions the code is actually using.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
after 3 versions of wx widgets i found that the 2.8.12 msw package to be working. seemed to resolve the issue with wx (i think i forgot to enable GLCANVAS), so now im only getting a few boost related errors. so to spare me further headaches what version of boost should i be using?

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
I'm using boost 1.44.0.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
k, i was using 1.48.0, so yea that could be an issue :D

*edit*
well that didnt do anything different.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 05:50:43 pm by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

:bump: I'd like to try building it under Linux, but there don't appear to be any makefiles in the repository?

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158

Ahh, beautiful, it even has an official package repo.

I got the Collada DOM to compile (version 2.2, because 2.4 is a mess, 2.3 I didn't try) but then got the following error while building PCS2. Is the repo still up to date, should I pass that -fpermissive flag through scons? And is it supposed to work with wxWidgets 2.8.12-release-unicode, or should I build with a different wx?

Code: [Select]
In file included from debug/model_editor_ctrl.h:5:0,
                 from debug/main_panel.h:66,
                 from debug/Main_Panel.cpp:120:
debug/primitive_ctrl.h: In member function 'void _vector_button_ctrl<data_ctrl>::on_click(wxCommandEvent&)':
debug/primitive_ctrl.h:230:19: error: there are no arguments to 'GetEventHandler' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'GetEventHandler' must be available [-fpermissive]
debug/primitive_ctrl.h:230:19: note: (if you use '-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)

Hrmm, I got a few steps further in building PCS2 by adding -fpermissive to the debug CPPFLAGS (the ugly solution, I know), but am now stuck on the '/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lminizip' error.

I used 'make project=minizip' from the dom directory in the collada DOM, checked that the build was successful (it was, apart from several warnings), then rebuilt the DOM again; I also made sure that I have zlib1g-dev installed. But to no avail: any attempt to build PCS2 still ends with '/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lminizip'.

I know I'm not the first one to encounter this (see here), but I am apparently the first for whom the fix doesn't work...

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
The easiest solution is probably to install with prefix=/usr (instead of /usr/local) assuming it supports this. Otherwise, copy, preserving symlinks, /usr/local/lib/libminizip* to /usr/lib.

Colladadom relies on some features removed in the version of boost in Ubuntu 12.04 so it doesn't link for me any more.

Guh, you're right, the old DOM 2.2 is incompatible with more recent versions of boost. Can hardly blame them for that... I got DOM 2.3 to compile, but it fails on linking with an "undefined refrence to 'main' " in function `_start', file crt1.o. According to the internets I should pass -nostartfiles to the linker, but my Makefile skills aren't nearly advanced enough for that. And DOM 2.4 is just a mess, apparently - I'm getting the same errors as in the link.

[rant]I wonder how Collada is gonna remain a viable standard if their API is a mess like this?[/rant]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 09:40:44 am by FreeSpaceFreak »